Encoder output signals

whiten1

Joined Oct 7, 2015
Would any one be able to advice on how i could setup a 1 pulse pip encoder signal (5 volt amplitude) to start counting 60 pulses from a 120 tooth second signal, then stop and repeat the count for every 1 pip per/revolution and during the counting cycle power up an output 5 to 10 volt signal ,that stops at the 60 pulse count. ?
Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This comes across a almost pure gibberish. Keep in mind that people only have what you have written to picture what you are talking about, so it might be a good idea to describe what you mean by a "1 pulse pip encoder" and a "120 tooth second signal". It might also be a good idea to sketch the signals that you have to work with as a function of time and then what you want the circuit to produce as a result.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
This comes across a almost pure gibberish. Keep in mind that people only have what you have written to picture what you are talking about, so it might be a good idea to describe what you mean by a "1 pulse pip encoder" and a "120 tooth second signal". It might also be a good idea to sketch the signals that you have to work with as a function of time and then what you want the circuit to produce as a result.
So, not just I don't understand what the TS said, I think must be many members same with me, but they lazy to ask anything, we seem to living in another parallel world to see the TS to showing his question, I was an engineer to design the encoder controller about 25 years ago, but I really can't fellow what his description ... :(

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
My guess is that if we knew what he was doing, it would make a lot more sense. But even then I think we would need a couple iterations to understand what he is trying to say for part of it. But that's fine. If the TS is willing to work with us, we can all get on the same page and, in the process, we will learn a few things, too.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Would any one be able to advice on how i could setup a 1 pulse pip encoder signal (5 volt amplitude) to start counting 60 pulses from a 120 tooth second signal, then stop and repeat the count for every 1 pip per/revolution and during the counting cycle power up an output 5 to 10 volt signal ,that stops at the 60 pulse count. ?
Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.
Is this an automotive (engine?) question? Are you talking about a PIP as a "profile ignition pick-up" system?