Empirical Math

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
What am I thinking...

Here's a simple empirical relationship developed from 60 years of observation and first-person experience:

\(\overline{IQ}_{n} = \sum{IQ}_{n=1..6}/(n*\sqrt{n})\)

This was validated by my daughter last Sunday:
1591703199503.png
To what common human experience does \(\overline{IQ}_{n} \) apply? :)
Functional IQ of a group young men (16 to 22 years old) together, as in a car.
Sorry if the math notation is not correct. It's been more than awhile.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
? http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/12/19/group_iq/?page=full "What the researchers found was that groups’ collective intelligence strongly predicted how well they did in the computer checkers game and on the Legos task — evidence that something called “collective intelligence” did in fact exist. What was more surprising, however, was that neither the average intelligence of the group members nor the person with the greatest intelligence strongly predicted how well the group did."

actually i was seeking the stat.-l formula for IQ "sum up" -- that would explain your formula - but spotted the above instead

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
What am I thinking...

Here's a simple empirical relationship developed from 60 years of observation and first-person experience:

\(\overline{IQ}_{n} = \sum{IQ}_{n=1..6}/(n*\sqrt{n})\)

This was validated by my daughter last Sunday:
View attachment 209217
To what common human experience does \(\overline{IQ}_{n} \) apply? :)
Functional IQ of a group young men (16 to 22 years old) together, as in a car.
Sorry if the math notation is not correct. It's been more than awhile.
Hi,

I read the spoiler, but that cant be right because the formula does not have any parameter for women's breast size in it which makes IQ fall sharply :)

However, a serious recent study says that men looking at them have better health and live longer! Amazing.