Electronics revolutionary "idea" in the last 10-15 years

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Gallium nitride transistors, for example are not going to replace most transistors.
nope, but it will allow 60 to 100GHz processors with reasonable efficiency. I'd say the step up from 5 to 60 is pretty revolutionary. I'm just waiting to see what type of real-time augmented reality is possible.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
One rather less likely to gain headline space or prompt people to invest wildly in startups, but certainly a fundamental change in directions is the change to using a standard USB connection for power and charging. Look at a stack of older cell phones, and see that every one uses a different connector for charging, usually at some different voltage. Previously the goal was to assure that the user had to purchase the $90 OEM charger. Then all at once charging is one connector type, albeit with three different sizes but still one voltage and polarity. THAT IS REVOLUTIONARY!
So the individual claiming nothing "revolutionary" must have had their face buried deeply in a video game for a lot of years.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Video moved from analog to digital, CRT moved to LCD and others.
I have a TV/computer monitor that is 1 inch thick, gets information from the air or wire (internet), has very high resolution.