Electronics makes me happy

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Here at the Uni I'm grandfathered in when I retire, I can take any classes and just pay the enrollment or cost of books or supplies. They shut down the EE program, but recently opened it back up. Wheeeeeee. :D

kv:)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Personally, I found them a little bit intimidating at first, but irresistibly attractive ... and then I got hooked ... am I making sense?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Awe geez! You HAD to mention beer. Now I want one. Thank gaud you didn't mention doughnuts. Oops! Now I REALLY gotta go out.

"(

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
@Yaakov Dude! You really need to stop talking about food. It's past my lunch time and I've been spending all morning trying to find tiles to match the other backsplash. Seems what I already have is obsolete and I don't want to tear out all the other stuff just to have a matching tile. So I'm quite hungry, thank you very much. You just HAD to mention the gravy.

Gosh I'm in so much trouble!

My wife had me on a see-food diet. She'd say "See that food? That's all you can do - look at it. Nothing else." Mean old woman!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I suspect you wouldn't specially care for my vegan, green heavy diet. But I really love it.

I get a different idea about your wife, seems she wants you around.
I was on a pescatarian diet for a few years and loved it. Going vegan at any stage in my life, never, as I don't buy into the lifestyle rational.
Not a criticism, just a personal statement.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I was on a pescatarian diet for a few years and loved it. Going vegan at any stage in my life, never, as I don't buy into the lifestyle rational.
Not a criticism, just a personal statement.
I chose a vegan diet for more than one reason, but I have research-based reasons to believe it is very beneficial to cardiovascular health, and I like my life, so...

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I suspect you wouldn't specially care for my vegan, green heavy diet. But I really love it.

I get a different idea about your wife, seems she wants you around.
She's a good woman and I love her dearly. She knows I kid her, kid with her and kid about her. Our relationship is based on three things: Laughter, liking each other and listening to each other. You just naturally gravitate to those who make you laugh and those who laugh with you. As far as liking each other - that's important too. I've seen people love someone they didn't like. Those relationships fail. And listening. It's important to understand how and why the other person feels as they do. You might not agree with it, but taking the time to understand their feelings is very important.

As far as diet goes - she's always pushing healthy food at me. And I'm not complaining. Except when I have to bend down to tie my shoes. I can't hold my breath that long anymore. The other day I went to get some new Jeans. All my life (except when a kid) I've been a 34 inch waste. Last year I hit 36 and haven't been happy about that. But the other day when I went to pick up some 36's I discovered I couldn't fit into new 36's. Maybe they're smaller than advertised, but HECK NO! NOT GOING TO WEAR 38's!

You can't tell from my picture but I'm a little heavier than I'd like to be. I'd be happy with losing 20 pounds. I'm not morbidly obese, just fat. And I'm staying away from vegetables such as Potato Chips, Popcorn, ice cream (Yeah, I know - not a veg!). But the wife seems to think I have to eat 1200 calories minimum daily or my body will go into survival mode. That's just a myth dieters want you to believe. It keeps them in business. And DIET food is even worse for you. So, I've always contended that if my lifestyle I'm only burning 800 cal's a day then I shouldn't be eating to store up my nuts for the winter. Today I had a bowl of dry cereal and a little piece of a chicken breast. AND I've walked for 35 minutes vigorously, de-thached the lawn, stained, sanded and sealed three drawer faces, mowed the lawn and fertilized it. So I'm beat like a drum. The wife will be home soon and we'll be having leftover chicken fajita's. Just give me that and a bottle of updaug and I'm a happy camper.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I chose a vegan diet for more than one reason, but I have research-based reasons to believe it is very beneficial to cardiovascular health, and I like my life, so...
The health benefits I agree with but vegetables are being manipulated and twisted to entice people to eat them, that's just so wrong. :D

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Just remember that every thing you eat, has been genetically created and modified.

Except for the salt, and the water.