Electrical Engines/Motors

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Hello...

I have one other class called something like Electrical Engines/Motors. I don't know the name that suits better the class in English but we are supposed to learn the basics of Transformers (not Optimus Prime or Megatron), Electrical Engines/Motors and Induction Engines/Motors.

Our teacher solved an exercise last class that I could not understand a little bit of it.
The exercise was to find the equivalent circuit, calculate some currents and voltage drops when the current jumps from the primary to the secondary inductor winding. Also here I don't know if I'm using the correct terms.
I didn't understood the process of resistors and inductors transformations and also the currents transformations!

Does anyone knows what am I talking about???

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
I've read a most of that link but that is not helping me a lot...

I need to understand the equations given by our teacher in the attached picture.

Also we are calculating currents and voltages after the equivalent circuit is found and I also need to understand the nomenclatures used, if possible!

Note:
I have found this about how to simulate transformers in LTSpice, maybe it can help me understand all this stuff!
http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/lt-journal/LTMag-V16N3-23-LTspice_Transformers-MikeEngelhardt.pdf

Attachments