Electrical Distribution - Private Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanif_aryan

Joined Apr 11, 2017
I am working on a feasibility study to distribute electricity from an energy centre to different sites through private wire. There is an existing HV ring main with numbers of Distribution Centres (DC) around it which operated by the client. I have attached a file showing the location of the energy centre, HV ring main with distribution centres and location of all sites that a proportion of their electrical demand would be supply from the Energy Centre through private wire. Could you please briefly explain for me how the private wire could be connected to the network to transmit electricity to each site i.e. does the private wire need to be connected to the nearest DC only or connections need to be made to all DCs or/and a new DC need to be implemented.
What problems and challenges could be faced in the network?

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
What voltage, frequency, power level and distances are we talking about? What geographical region governs this? Why are you doing this instead of a qualified professional?

hanif_aryan

Joined Apr 11, 2017
Hi Wayneh, Thanks for your reply.

It's a feasibility study as part of my training to increase my knowledge in power distribution. The capacity of each distribution centre and fault level are awaiting to be obtained. The current electricity consumption throughout all sites is about 55GWh and around 20GWh will be generated from the energy centre. The site is located in Scotland and the distance between the energy centre and the nearest distribution centre is about 300m but the 11kV ring main would be around 7 miles.
I am looking for general knowledge what information is required/ to be obtained to transmit electricity from the energy centre to each site through private wire.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.