EHT power supply design and construction

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Hint - Think nodes, anti-nodes and intervening distances thereof...;):cool:
(Note, however, that the notion of 'standing waves' per se isn't especially germane to the concept at hand)
Now I get it through my concrete cranium! I only needed think how to make detector and a duh! Got it:oops:! Now I'm thinking how it would be if vision respond to longer wavelengths like 20m! Not only sky and surface like crinkled al foil but need to travel large distances while viewing with special memory skill to piece big picture together:eek: Going other way if retinal cells stimulated only by uvd (like 100-200nm) all world shrouded in dense fog cause O2 opaque to uvd! With xray and gamma ray vision we'd all be hopelessly lost in like Mr Lovecraft's _Walls of Eryx_:eek:! So means evolution or creator or however you believe we came to be, got it right with just regular light!
HP now I say something I would let go but for your razz me about announce text quotes. You got your _Steves_ out of order! Carrie was written by Stephen King not directed by Stephen Spielberg! Ha ha! So now your turn to stay after class to wash chalkboards young lady:p!
...and that's no way to have to be!:( -- We need to talk!
I know you right, It's just not easy to strike off all those years:( I say more by e:)

Last edited:
Now I'm thinking how it would be if vision respond to longer wavelengths like 20m! Not only sky and surface like crinkled al foil but need to travel large distances while viewing with special memory skill to piece big picture together:eek:
Then too, a CW transmitter and 1/2λ Yagi make for a rather cumbersome flashlight (i.e. torch)!:eek::D

if retinal cells stimulated only by uvd (like 100-200nm) all world shrouded in dense fog cause O2 opaque to uvd!
T'would be even worse than that!:eek: -- Indeed - owing to its (diatomic) oxygen content, air, under tropospheric conditions, is several orders of magnitude more attenuative of 'UVD' than is, for instance, seawater of visible light - yet, in the latter case, light is (generally accepted to be) perceptible to depths of merely 200m and detectable to only 1km --- whereas the troposphere might be regarded as fully 11km 'deep' -- Inasmuch as you seem to appreciate Lovecraft, let us say; The world as seen through 'UVD eyes' would be as the Stygian blackness of the pit:D:D:D

With xray and gamma ray vision we'd all be hopelessly lost in like Mr Lovecraft's _Walls of Eryx_:eek:!
Indeed! Perception of obstacles would seem to figure prominently among the 'advantages' of vision:) --- Though I'm bound to say I find it sad that your humor is to be lost upon all but, perhaps, a scant handful, of HPL enthusiasts... :(

As regards my misattribution of King to Spielberg... --- Good work!:mad: -- Now you've got me feeling like 'Nomad' of ST-TOS fame; "Error! Error! Err-orrre! Must sterrrr-aaah-lyyy-zzze!:eek::eek::eek:

All the best
HP:)

PS -- Please don't take my flippant responses wrongly! --- I find your musings both intriguing and refreshing!:):):)

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
HP I've been doing idle thinking! I know you say is dangerous heh:p! I say that total kinetic and rest energies like you say _vested_ in mass in kgs system = (m*c^3)/(c^2-V^2)^0.5 and V is relative for frame. Sorry because not use formatting also only worked formula in head so maybe wrong? So I say rest energy is kinetic energy from motion along unreckoned dimension? Maybe time? If yes then can nicely derive conversion between linear measure and temporal measure units:)! Now I am saying if you think hard about it implication is intuitively obvious that _matter_ is just emr energy with wavelengths projected smaller than Planck length? HP I don't understand why intelligent people insist on wearing blinders and refuse to think! So maybe I'm wrong with ideas about mass and energy but not point! All they say is _interesting ideas_ or _maybe_ or _not know_ and _too hard to think about_:mad: I say when they brand me as _genius_ they think buying for themselves a lifetime pass to ignorance! They hope I take the genius nonsense seriously so maybe rest on my laurels and act lazy and unmotivated as they:mad:! I say _Kalnienkmentia_ is academic way:rolleyes:! Discipline is good but not when excuse for avoid big picture cuz too timid and childlike! So safely follow narratives of _sainted_ exponents of their field and liars for ulterior causes:mad:! I know you will say academia gives me hypertension so I swallow handful of ace inhibitor and stop daydreaming:) Now I say the garret must be cooled off cause of weather so can resume fb tutorial:)? Is like therapy to me:)!

PS HP plz don't think I railing about your respect for Hypatia when said _sainted exponents_! Nothing wrong with teachers and benefactors only with unquestioning following and you don't do that:) I say I'm like you cuz if I angry with someone I tell them so without hints and games:D!

I say that total kinetic and rest energies like you say _vested_ in mass in kgs system = (m*c^3)/(c^2-V^2)^0.5
Sorry because not use formatting also only worked formula in head so maybe wrong?
You are correct -- however the relation is more elegantly (well... 'clearly') expressed thus:
***EDIT*** E=(MC^2)/(1-V^2/M^2)^0.5 --- E=(MC^2)/(1-V^2/C^2)^0.5 -- I too apologize that I am unskilled at 'TEX' formatting:oops:
Note: Order of operations as per algebraic convention...

...and V is relative for frame.
I understand your meaning! -- Howbeit effective communication avoids pseudo-oxymorons and seeming-pseudo-oxymorons....K?:D

So I say rest energy is kinetic energy from motion along unreckoned dimension? Maybe time?
With some qualification the statement/notion that the rest energy 'vested' in matter is, in fact, the kinetic energy corollary to its temporal motion is both implicit in, and, I daresay, fundamental to SR -- (IOW Correct! -- Sort of...:cool::D)

If yes then can nicely derive conversion between linear measure and temporal measure units:)!
In essence your idea is sound -- howbeit the value of such conversion is questionable owing to 'frame specificity'... On a flippant note: Ever ask directions only to hear distance denominated in temporal units?:mad::mad::mad: -- maybe the 'mooks' are way ahead of us!:D:D:D

Now I am saying if you think hard about it implication is intuitively obvious that _matter_ is just emr energy with wavelengths projected smaller than Planck length?
I have thought about it over many years --- and while I suspect that such is indeed the case ---prepare to toss back a few more antihypertensives!--- I'd hate to have to prove it!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Just for fun -- consider the 'status' of physical phenomena consistent with electromagnetic radiation of wavelength precisely equal to one Planck length!:)

HP I don't understand why intelligent people insist on wearing blinders and refuse to think!
Oh... I think you understand it -- you merely don't like it -- On that - we're agreed!:)

All they say is _interesting ideas_ or _maybe_ or _not know_ and _too hard to think about_:mad:
Only in academia is it cool to say "I don't know" -- the trouble arises when it really means (as it often does) "I should know but I'm too dim to be inspired and too lazy to educate myself" or, more succinctly, "I don't care":confused::mad: --- All of which is to say - We're agreed!:)

I say when they brand me as _genius_ they think buying for themselves a lifetime pass to ignorance! They hope I take the genius nonsense seriously so maybe rest on my laurels and act lazy and unmotivated as they:mad:
Well... If they didn't genuinely feel you are exceptional, I doubt they'd care what you thought...:) That said, if they are habitually ducking questions or deferring to your judgement on the basis that you are better equipped to comprehend the subject than they -- such is miserably failed pedagogy at best and indolence onto cowardice at worst...

I say _Kalnienkmentia_ is academic way:rolleyes:
Aye!:D:D:D -- And not merely "Tunnel thinking" but facultative 'tunnel thinking'!!! (Pun intended!):cool::cool::cool:

Discipline is good but not when excuse for avoid big picture cuz too timid and childlike! So safely follow narratives of _sainted_ exponents of their field and liars for ulterior causes:mad:!
My sentiments exactly! -- but with the qualification that there are more 'good apples' than you might think - really!:):):)

Now I say the garret must be cooled off cause of weather so can resume fb tutorial:)? Is like therapy to me:)!
You've got it! -- I'll return to it early November at the latest -- that's a promise!:):):)

All the best
HP

PS
@Aleph(0) if you closely examine your keyboard you'll notice two characters To wit: " and _ then there's a third 'character' (not on the keyboard but at it) who, for reasons unknown, substitutes the first with the second???:confused::D

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
You've got it! -- I'll return to it early November at the latest -- that's a promise!:):):)
Be right HP! I holding my breath in anticipation:D!

@Aleph(0) if you closely examine your keyboard you'll notice two characters To wit: " and _ then there's a third 'character' (not on the keyboard but at it) who, for reasons unknown, substitutes the first with the second???:confused::D
HP UR2 funny:p! I meaning bolding not quotes and bb code editor too much bother:rolleyes:!

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
So... Use of the format bar is out of the question???:confused:
No, wise a$$:rolleyes:! Format bar has bugs so sometimes text gets screwed up so I need to use bb code editor anyway:mad:

If that's your 'strong suit' might I prevail upon you to retrieve my electron tubes???:D
I say seriously I would like to help if in just salt water but you know vast stretch of fresh water just creeps me out! Like I say unnatural! But you make hydrophobia joke:rolleyes:!

So here on topic questions:)
HP plz explain why radiography tube maximum electrode volts to ground only 1/2 maximum anode to cathode volts? Like 150kv electrode to electrode but only 75kv electrode to ground? I understand designed for split supply but not so like you say _the why of it_:D

Now spin RA to 377 radians/sec also preform like you say _seasoning_ for good gettering. I intrigued because 75 pound dead animal totally translucent to 150kvp with long persistence fluoroscopic screen! (plz EVRYONE! Don't worry! Animal dead on highway! I'm not vivisectionist:eek:! Now plz keep your hatemail:rolleyes:) Also scattering much increased above 120kvp so I ask is scatter just tem behavior or is pair production come into play?

Format bar has bugs so sometimes text gets screwed up so I need to use bb code editor anyway:mad:
As, for instance 'stray' formatting directives that prevent 'de-emphisizing' or deleting to the previous line?:mad: --- I hear ya!:rolleyes:

vast stretch of fresh water just creeps me out! Like I say unnatural!
And again, I assert that the 'uniqueness' (certainly not 'creepiness') of the St Lawrence system lays in its nascence! only 10,000 years! -- Wow!:D

So here on topic questions:)
That's a novelty!:p:D

plz explain why radiography tube maximum electrode volts to ground only 1/2 maximum anode to cathode volts?
Succinctly: Convenience and insulation economy --- In such an arrangement the transformer core/case and the cable shields are at 0V=Gnd -- While the anode current indicator connects the windings' 'cold' ends -- As you pointed out in another post, said ends (and, hence, the indicator) are electrically bound to (near) ground by MOVs... The tube (a.k.a. 'insert') design/ratings reflect the intended power supply arrangement... --- FWIW Split secondary arrangements are common practice in many (especially line operated) EHT and, even, 'LV' applications (e.g. neon sign transformers, and, indeed, '120-0-120' residential 'pole pig' distribution transformers):cool:

Now spin RA to 377 radians/sec also preform like you say _seasoning_ for good gettering.
Good move!:cool:

I intrigued because 75 pound dead animal totally translucent to 150kvp with long persistence fluoroscopic screen!
First off --- I don't recommend casually operating the tube at full rated EMF!!!:rolleyes: By way of analogy, do you feel intentional operation of a machine at it's 'redline' AV is good practice???

But to continue:
The level of justifiable 'intrigue' depends upon the maximum cross section and density statistics Re: the subject's tissues and especially osteology -- Inasmuch as same is 'salvaged roadkill' it seems reasonable to inquire whether the carcass is intact? If not, then the organism's antemortum weight will have been greater than 75 LBS with corresponding 'heaver' osteology... Moreover, spilled (and, hence, absent) 'viscera' will, of course, increase apparent lucency --- While I'm not especially au fait with zoology, citation of the subject's species may be helpful in this regard!:) --- As an aside: Egads, woman! There are easier (and, I hasten to add, more sanitary) methods of exploring PE vs radiolucency characteristics! - as, for instance, ye olde 'fanned feeler gauge ploy':D:D:D

Also scattering much increased above 120kvp so I ask is scatter just tem behavior or is pair production come into play?
YES: Scatter activity in direct (while non-linear) proportion to photon energy is to be expected over the segment of spectrum with which you are working (playing?;))
YES: Indirect lepton (Specifically electron neutrino) pair production becomes manifest at ~126 keV
NO! Said production does not contribute to scatter effects

FWIW I'm guessing your real interest is in positron/electron pair production, which, as a practical matter (NPI), requires PEs > 1.022 meV ---- Readily attained (on the cheap) by Machlett DRT tubes...:)

OBTW Further to this topic -- One solitary word about the 'Schwinger mechanism' and my LWT will be amended to stipulate that your legacy is contingent upon your personal performance of a 500 image series upon my remains following ten days exposure to scavenger-excluded tropical conditions subsequent to my auto-exsanguination:eek: -- Did I just make you cry? Yes? Well... not as fitfully as do I at the very thought of vapid bickering over irrelevancies!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Best regards

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
First off --- I don't recommend casually operating the tube at full rated EMF!!!:rolleyes:
What will go wrong now getered?
Inasmuch as same is 'salvaged roadkill' it seems reasonable to inquire whether the carcass is intact? If not, then the organism's antemortum weight will have been greater than 75 LBS with corresponding 'heaver' osteology...
I say less than 2/3 of mass in life cause mangled with tissue and blood loss by fatal trauma event so live mass probably 55kg round figures. Radiographed portion not crushed or eviscerated and no overt putrefaction so I say tissue condition close to living for radiography?
While I'm not especially au fait with zoology, citation of the subject's species may be helpful
It was big cat for sure when I ask DNR warden permission to take remains he said mountain lion I like to say bobcat but not sure distinction:confused: I figure it killed just hours before I found it cause above ambient tissue temperature and was morning after cold night.
Egads, woman! There are easier (and, I hasten to add, more sanitary) methods of exploring PE vs radiolucency characteristics! - as, for instance, ye olde 'fanned feeler gauge ploy':D
For learning ropes I wanted heterogeneous matter of same nature tube intended to transiluminate also very fun and interesting to practice bone and soft tissue imaging at lower kvp settings:) HP you know better than lecture me about aseptic technique! I know what I'm doing otherwise I'd have gone way of specimen years ago:rolleyes:!
YES: Indirect lepton (Specifically electron neutrino) pair production becomes manifest at ~126 keV
HP I can't understand cause neutrino rest mass equivalent to energy like 30kev so means 60kev for pair but you're saying production need more than twice that energy:confused:? I understand how production by emr needs be indirect cause neutrino uncharged. So is it the indirect production needs energy higher than calculated?
FWIW I'm guessing your real interest is in positron/electron pair production, which, as a practical matter (NPI), requires PEs > 1.022 meV ---- Readily attained (on the cheap) by Machlett DRT tubes...:)
That I totally understand! 1.022mev is sum of rest energy for electron and positron each 511kev:)! It's good when things make sense from get go:D Now I am asking how much KVP RA tubes really withstand? I say 150kv for just tube is like super conservative cuz of stator and electrical properties of heated glass?
One solitary word about the 'Schwinger mechanism'
I know distinction of emr and electrostatic phenomena!:rolleyes:

OBTW Further to this topic -- One solitary word about the 'Schwinger mechanism' and my LWT will be amended to stipulate that your legacy is contingent upon your personal performance of a 500 image series upon my remains following ten days exposure to scavenger-excluded tropical conditions subsequent to my auto-exsanguination:eek: -- Did I just make you cry? Yes? Well... not as fitfully as do I at the very thought of vapid bickering over irrelevancies!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Suicide is not laughing matter! Now I refuse to encourage bad taste joke with reply:mad:!

@Aleph(0) Now how's getting 'snippy'??? --- Could it be that the real problem is the Lorentz Transformation getting on your nerves?:D:D:D
So.... One hint: ((3^.5)/2)*C hope that's explicit enough!

What will go wrong now getered?
Protracted operation of the filament (as for 'hard seasoning') is abusive of the tube -- moreover volatilized filament and anode material deposit on the envelope thus reducing the effective 'hold off' EMF... IOW significantly reduced tube life at best -- instant tube failure at worst --- with a new tube and impeccable adherence to prescribed gettering procedure - you will get away with maximum rated (and, for that matter, well above maximum rated) Anode EMF operation -- however tube life will be greatly reduced -- it's an example of 'to use it is to loose it' -- sorta like money!:D

I say less than 2/3 of mass in life cause mangled with tissue and blood loss by fatal trauma event so live mass probably 55kg round figures. Radiographed portion not crushed or eviscerated and no overt putrefaction so I say tissue condition close to living for radiography?
So it would seem - even so I don't see the point? -- IOW it does not surprise me (in the least) that the described carcass is highly radiolucent to 150 keV (Yes! keV -- as opposed to kvp -- because a 'long persistence' [i.e. highly phosphorescent] fluoroscope is, in effect, 'peak reading')
It was big cat for sure when I ask DNR warden permission to take remains he said mountain lion I like to say bobcat but not sure distinction:confused:
Aren't you the legal beagle!:D -- Good move though! I've heard of stiff fines for collecting fallen feathers:rolleyes: FWIW I believe a mountain lion is larger than a bobcat so... score another point for 'John Law':cool:
For learning ropes I wanted heterogeneous matter of same nature tube intended to transiluminate also very fun and interesting to practice bone and soft tissue imaging at lower kvp settings:)
Fair enough!:)
HP you know better than lecture me about aseptic technique!...
Of course I do! --- I remind you, however, that despite appearances, you and I aren't the soul regular readers of this thread...
HP I can't understand cause neutrino rest mass equivalent to energy like 30kev so means 60kev for pair but you're saying production need more than twice that energy:confused:? I understand how production by emr needs be indirect cause neutrino uncharged. So is it the indirect production needs energy higher than calculated?
--emphasis added--
As Re: the emphasized text ---Uh Huh!:) --- But then it seems you worked that one out yourself?
Now I am asking how much KVP RA tubes really withstand?
Typically Over 1.5MV if the envelope is not yet mirrored and the tube is 'seasoned' prior to each session via inductive heating of the anode --- many caveats apply! -- I will discuss it in detail if and only if you obtain another, expendable, tube! --- I will not be a party to destruction of your good tube on an impulse!
I know distinction of emr and electrostatic phenomena!:rolleyes:
And for all that you haven't yet mastered American English despite having lived here since your first birthday?:confused: -- Golly! Golly!!!:p

Best regards
HP

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I remind you, however, that despite appearances, you and I aren't the soul regular readers of this thread...
I'm not a regular reader of this rather remarkable saga, although I do check in from time to time to see how it's progressing and to update my mental estimate of how long it will go on before it dies from sheer exhaustion. Right now it looks like you two are about half-finished with your discussion so I'm reckoning the thread will top out at around 300-400 posts. We will see.

And for all that you haven't yet mastered American English despite having lived here since your first birthday?:confused: -- Golly! Golly!!!:p
Hey, at least she's not the one who misspelled "sole"...

Hello! Many thanks for your post!:)

I'm not a regular reader of this rather remarkable saga, although I do check in from time to time to see how it's progressing and to update my mental estimate of how long it will go on before it dies from sheer exhaustion. Right now it looks like you two are about half-finished with your discussion so I'm reckoning the thread will top out at around 300-400 posts. We will see.
LOL!:) -- My initial guess had it 'trailing off' following transfer of the tutorial to Projects ('scheduled' for next month) -- 'Tho I'm bound to say both of us have become accustomed (well, in my case, perhaps, 'inured') to the level of OT content seen here --- So I expect this thread's longevity is up to (and, for that matter, 'down to') Aleph;) -- That said, I definitely intend to post the tutorial to Projects - but with strict adherence to topic in the followup posts on that forum -- FWIW, my plans on this thread are to move ahead with development of the next tutorial in the 'EHT series'.... But again, as OP/TS, that's Aleph's call:) Personally It's become as 'home base' to me:)

Hey, at least she's not the one who misspelled "sole"...
Alas!:oops: -- I need to invest heart and um... 'mind':confused: in proof reading:D:cool:

Very best regards!:)
HP

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
HP you give too much hint! Like answer:rolleyes: That ok cause I was missing elephant or 800 pound gorilla however you say anyway:(

So now I see Kinetic energy of mass equals its rest energy at frame velocity of ([3^.5]/2)*c
For c in meters per second 299792458*([3^.5]/2) meters means exactly same as 1 sec
So interval of 1 Sec is how we perceive movement of 299792458*([3^.5]/2) meters along dimension of time:cool:
So 1 meter equivalent to aprox 3.852nS and 1 statute mile aprox 6.2uS
I tell Craig W. this he said he likes it but _shakes foundations of his life_:confused: I hope he more there for his students otherwise he's just collecting money:mad:

HP You gave me idea! Here's something for you to do so payback those like you say numpties;) Go to filling station to ask attendant how far to the town that is your states capital if they say stupid answer like 3 hours you say better fill er up! 1.74 billion miles on 1/4 tank is pressing my luck! My car aint no envirobuggy ya know! Then watch them go quietly insane:eek:

@Aleph(0) I see what you are trying to do, and again, it has merit in principle -- the 'rub', as it were, lies in the fact that linear extent is not congruent with temporal span from an 'inertial frame identity' viewpoint (apologies for the liberties:oops:)

Please understand! You are absolutely correct in your assertion that the dimension of 'time' is, in every way, identical with the dimensions of 'space' - which is to say time is a dimension of space - hence the generalizing term 'spacetime' --- Moreover, as you have stated upon several occasions, gravitation is nothing more than a mass force - specifically reaction to temporal acceleration owed to 'deflection' of the continuum (as by mass) -- 'Time' (and hence gravitation) are perceived/treated as unique phenomena solely because of our skewed perspective corollary to the nature of our motion, as you accurately put it, 'along', the former...

Hey Aleph --- I'll discuss this more thoroughly when I have time --- For now I suggest two exercises which I feel will be highly edifying (via 'discovery') as regards this subject --- OBTW please resist temptation to 'turn to the web' for 'guidance' --- as you have likely already discovered (with a handful of notable exceptions) 50% of what you'll find is BS and the remaining moiety is just plain wrong!:mad:

1) Qualitatively examine 'deflection' of spacetime by mass
2) Closely consider the 'mechanism' of the Pauli Exclusion Principle (Note: although this may initially seem irrelevant to the topic at hand - I assure you otherwise!:))

I tell Craig W. this he said he likes it but _shakes foundations of his life_:confused:
Dear old Professor W. --- I am reminded of a line from Romeo and Juliet to the effect of "A gentleman that loves to hear himself talk, and will speak more in a minute than he will stand to in a month." (possible paraphrase) --- Wise man, the Bard! :cool:

HP You gave me idea! Here's something for you to do so payback those like you say numpties;) Go to filling station to ask attendant how far to the town that is your states capital if they say stupid answer like 3 hours you say better fill er up! 1.74 billion miles on 1/4 tank is pressing my luck! My car aint no envirobuggy ya know! Then watch them go quietly insane:eek:
You overestimate them -- going insane (quietly or otherwise) requires some imagination --- They'd just fuel up the car (or advise me that the station was self-serve) sans batting an eyelash:rolleyes:

if they say stupid answer like 3 hours
I find that particular species of ego-centric 'dullardism' straight up unendurable!:mad::mad::mad: As if their 'all high pronouncement' of transit time is universal, immutable fact! --- This is precisely the type of buffoonery often encountered when inquiring after a description but receiving only a 'review' of a subject's appearance -- For some reason (that escapes me at the moment) lackwits seem to think all the world shares their tastes, perspectives and sensibilities -- or, rather, that their perception is rooted in universal truth!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All the best

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
This is precisely the type of buffoonery often encountered when inquiring after a description but receiving only a 'review' of a subject's appearance
HP I say you're exactly right! If I trying to identify someone I couldn't care less how appealing or avant garde or chic or geeky or whatever someone else thinks they look! You right they think their tastes or biases and appetency shared by everyone:rolleyes:! I say they're more ignorant and stupid than egocentric, after all it hard to be self centered when not much happening upstairs:D Now my turn to give you clue to interpret those _sheeple_ which is when they give their opinion like is fact they just passing along current narrative of mass media:rolleyes: So like in Edgar Allen Poe's satire they are _little people in very big way_ or _big people in very small way_:D What ever they are they have my contempt not cause limited intellect but cause they're followers:mad:! Now I say people who tell how long to get somewhere instead just how far are mostly pathetic cause that's only way they can think in their insular communal existence! Concept of real physical world frightens them! I should feel sad for emotional cowards but feel only disgust! Now I say genuine disclaimer! I detest just the followers and communal personality. I know smart people sometimes answer questions like that cause they're used to stupid questioners:rolleyes: I say to anyone actually angered by my post that you have too much individuality to be who I meant to berate so plz rest in knowledge that you have blessing of the supreme Aleph:D!

Hp I say thanks for science exercises cuz help perspective! I say can construct universal solution but need concentrate I know I'm close!:) HP plz remind me of name of big ghost town you visit in 2012? IIRC you said was industrial accident in 1985 so permanently evacuated? I can almost remember name only not quite and internet doing like you say 50% vs half dozen of nothing shillyshally on me:mad:

HP plz remind me of name of big ghost town you visit in 2012? IIRC you said was industrial accident in 1985 so permanently evacuated? I can almost remember name only not quite and internet doing like you say 50% vs half dozen of nothing shillyshally on me:mad:
Well... It's hardly 'obscure', Aleph!:confused::rolleyes:

You are referring to a location/incident (1986) known widely as "Chernobyl" -- and, specifically, as regards my 'wanderings', to Pripyat

Well hey! --- Because I like your use of the term 'ghost town' -- I've scoured the web for this image:

All the best

Last edited:
@Aleph(0)

I've corrected a rather nasty typo (near the 'top') of post #166 on this thread (q.v.) --- Although you seem to have 'seen through it', integrity (obsessiveness?) required correction and announcement of same:)

All the best
HP

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
You are referring to a location/incident (1986) known widely as "Chernobyl" -- and, specifically, as regards my 'wanderings', to Pripyat

Well hey! --- Because I like your use of the term 'ghost town' -- I've scoured the web for this image:
HP I understand what you mean about ghost towns serenely beautiful if can think on them without tragic history. 30 years seems like long time to me cuz more than my age but never will be long enough for those affected:(
I've corrected a rather nasty typo (near the 'top') of post #166 on this thread (q.v.) --- Although you seem to have 'seen through it', integrity (obsessiveness?) required correction and announcement of same:)
HP you too worried about things like that! I caught it and moved on like you should have:p! Now since you're obsessing I say you should be careful about _qv_ cause you of all know they interpret that _quick visit_ in Duluth:D!