EHT power supply design and construction

HP plz say when your internet working so know you Ok!
Hey @Aleph(0) Great to see you here again! --- They (my ISP) are promising 'full restoration of service' this week - though I'm not holding my breath...:rolleyes:

happy about tutorial resuming soon and all because also like I say has become almost spiritual to me!
I appreciate your appreciation!!!:):D --- It's all done but the uploading and commentary - please stay 'tuned':)

don't forget electret photography
No worries!:) I've special interest in the subject inasmuch as, so far as I can tell, there is no treatment of same on the web (beyond passing references to the phenomenon in a scant number of 'scholarly articles')... Anyway, my process beats standing before a window during a thunderstorm hoping for the best while fearing the worst!:eek::D

I'm happy to help all ways I can
Many, many thanks!!!:):):)

Shortbus, HP and I just totally special to each other but if I say why she'll know for sure who I am then I loose initiative over her;)
@shortbus --- Because I believe a forthright question deserves a straight answer AND owing to a possibility that Aleph's reply might (inadvertently) 'smack' of decadence -- Allow me to clear the air:
Aleph is either a close consanguineal relative or one (successfully) endeavoring to present herself as such -- ether way that is our relationship! So... Nothing lurid or scandalous there!:):D:D:D

I want say to you don't worry cause I'm not dumb as I type!:D
I'll second that!!!:)

Well hey! Nice to see you back on the fora, Aleph! --- Hope to have the installments up soon!!!:cool:

Very best regards
HP

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Hp and A0, thank you for the update. Never though it was anything "lurid or scandalous". :) Was just curious about how the beginning of your interaction in the forum played out. It's amazing to me how the "six degrees of separation" sometimes works out in real life situations.

A0, never even entered my mind that you could be 'dumb'.

Sorry to have hijacked the thread, but was curious and it didn't seem right to start my own thread on the subject of your interaction.

Never though it was anything "lurid or scandalous". :)
No worries! 'Twas merely my concern that Aleph's 'obfuscate-speak' and my drollery 'left room' for wrong conclusions:eek::D

Sorry to have hijacked the thread, but was curious and it didn't seem right to start my own thread on the subject of your interaction.
No problem! - We're not too formal here!:):):)

Best regards - and please don't be a stranger!:)
HP

Last edited:
@Aleph(0) et al
Seems the Kraken (i.e. my ISP) has awakened! -- Thus it is that I've uploaded fully twenty-nine images for incorporation into the tutorial -- Nuff work for one evening!:eek::eek::eek: --- Will be back 'at it' tomorrow evening/early Fri --- In case you feel I'm merely lollygagging - have but a 'gander' at my blog...K?:D:D:D

Very best regards
HP:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Shortbus said
It's amazing to me how the "six degrees of separation" sometimes works out in real life situations.
That not surprise me if true for all civilized world I say statistical analytics would agree:D
A0, never even entered my mind that you could be 'dumb'.
Thanks for being so kind! I type stupid so HP not recognize me by style. I just more comfortable she not totally sure for now!;) Could be my blond colored hair drawing out neurotransmitters from grey matter too:D! HP said
Thus it is that I've uploaded fully twenty-nine images for incorporation into the tutorial
I look in blog like you say I say wow! You been so much work I feel so grateful but guilty too for you do all that for me:( Pics spark npi my curiosity;) looking totally forward to presentation:)!

@Aleph(0)

Still working on it! --- Seems attachments aren't 'neatly' portable (i.e. 're-anchorable') from post to post -- so.... Looks like I may need to re-up all images for previous installments (merely linking 'unbound' images doesn't work owing to 'expiry'):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...

So, here's the plan; I'll 'bind' all images to blog entries (as I have been doing) then I'll link them from a contiguous tutorial post in The Projects Forum --- I'll keep you posted as to my progress:)

Advance thanks for your continued forbearance!
All the best

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
HP I see how you are doing unembedding your tutorial pics on this thread for delete from here after new upload to blog posts. Why don't just leave old ones for linking to on here like new uploads on blog? Your efforts are totally awesome you make me feel so special:) Also AEC model no. is 8167538 HP you should stop worrying about delay I say everything just lovely:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Look up the {img}URL ADDRESS{/img} BB code. It is pretty generic and does not care where the picture is stored.

Use the square brackets on the same keys as the {}.

Last edited:
Why don't just leave old ones for linking to on here like new uploads on blog?
Call it OCD, insistence upon tidiness or whatever --- It's just more orderly to have the source files in a single location:cool: --- Annoyingly, Xenforo couldn't have made working with attachments more difficult nor less intuitive had they studied on it! --- Seems every way I turn they've got me blocked!:mad: --- Please rest assured - I am making progress - slowly but slowly!:rolleyes:

Your efforts are totally awesome you make me feel so special
While I genuinely appriciate your gratitude I'm bound to advise against basing your self esteem upon the feelings or behaviour of others -- FWIW I too feel that you are special - albeit said merit has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you!:cool:

Also AEC model no. is 8167538

The Siemens 8167538 is a standard 3-field unit -- Annoying interface though! - Inasmuch as said device is not marketed as a separate unit, detailed specifications are not readily available -- I'll see what my (former) BMET can 'ferret' out!:cool:

All the best!

Last edited:
Look up the {img}URL ADDRESS{/img} BB code. It is pretty generic and does not care where the picture is stored.

Use the square brackets on the same keys as the {}.
Thanks! --- Jaded as I've become I'm rather tempted to go that route (i.e. link as described to the attachments where they are - rather than neatly re-upping everything to blog entries then deleting the 'old' attachments from this thread) --- that said, I'm afflicted with the 'tidiness bug' --- I guess it will depend upon my energy:agro ratio:D:D:D

Many thanks for your input!:)
Very best regards
HP

@Aleph(0) --- Ok... All 59 files are now uploaded to my blog (to be used merely as an 'image repository') In avoidance of file redundancy, I shall, upon completion, delete the files attached to this thread then replace them with links to their duplicates attached to the blog...

My plan is to create a single, contiguous tutorial post on the Projects Thread -- All images thereon will be 'linked from' the true image files attached to my blog posts...

Please bear with me -- I've got a lot on all next week+ :rolleyes: (i.e. through ~ Sept 15) -- Although I'll have opportunity to 'look in' from time to time please don't expect anything substantial prior to the week of the 14'th --- Now that the arduous work (i.e. creating and uploading of images) is complete - return to, and completion of, the tutorial (i.e. composition and editing of same) will be a simple matter...

Hey, Aleph -- This is a great opportunity for you to dispel your 'standoffish image', as it were --- please have a look around the fora! I promise you'll find much of interest!:):):)

Best regards

PS: Aleph! Please don't, in any way, interpret that last paragraph as a 'brush off' -- I promise you that I will return to full participation!! -- I am fully committed to seeing the tutorial through as well as assisting and encouraging you in any way I can with your interests!!! --- It is merely that I feel you have much to offer this site!:)

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
While I genuinely appriciate your gratitude I'm bound to advise against basing your self esteem upon the feelings or behaviour of others
Oh for Christ's sake! You never could take a compliment:rolleyes:!

The Siemens 8167538 is a standard 3-field unit -- Annoying interface though! - Inasmuch as said device is not marketed as a separate unit, detailed specifications are not readily available -- I'll see what my (former) BMET can 'ferret' out!:cool:
I say one way is find service literature for machines that use it so can understand pinout and the protocol?

Hey, Aleph -- This is a great opportunity for you to dispel your 'standoffish image', as it were --- please have a look around the fora! I promise you'll find much of interest!:):):)
I look but not comfortable to join in until past talking silly and all that;)

I am fully committed to seeing the tutorial through as well as assisting and encouraging you in any way I can with your interests!!!
HP I sometimes not know why you bother with me:( But very happy you do:)! I say plz relax! I very patient:D

I say one way is find service literature for machines that use it so can understand pinout and the protocol?
I do believe that's the plan!:)

HP I sometimes not know why you bother with me:(
If you're 'fishing for complements' this is your lucky day!:D - because I can honestly say you're one of the most delightful folks I've met! -- online or otherwise!:) --- And that stands even if I'm wrong as regards your identity!:):):):cool:

I very patient
Thank you! --- Again, you have my word that I'll be back at it in ~10 days:):D

HP in blog image linked on here of arc shield insulator, I know Teflon but not how you joined it? You use special bonding compound?
Firstly, yes the 'strike shield' is indeed composed of PTFE (.093" ~ 2.37mm sheet stock) --- Although the RTV to PTFE bond is rather weak there is considerable surface area (as may be seen in the associated images) -- Moreover the RTV is applied in such manner that it forms an 'interlocking' union with the PTFE sheet ---- All of this (and much, much more;)) will be explained in the completed tutorial:):):)

Sorry to asking ahead only cause I want to have all I need
No worry of that -- Should I have neglected anything - you'll have plenty of time to obtain it -- As a courtesy to other readers I prefer you refrain from publicaly 'asking ahead' for the 'non-linear' course produced thereby -- IOW If you've just gotta know something "immediately if not sooner" -- please PM me!:D:D:D

All the best, my friend

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Thanks! --- Jaded as I've become I'm rather tempted to go that route (i.e. link as described to the attachments where they are - rather than neatly re-upping everything to blog entries then deleting the 'old' attachments from this thread) --- that said, I'm afflicted with the 'tidiness bug' --- I guess it will depend upon my energy:agro ratio:D:D:D

Many thanks for your input!:)
Very best regards
HP
There is the album route, you do not need to use attachments.

Take a look at my blog, then look at my albums, they are quite extensive. I like to doodle in electronic circuits.

You can also create a thread just for attachments.

Wendy's Index

Thanks! --- I'll check that out and use it for future projects:):):)

As to my current project? - Now having made the 'investment' - I guess I'd better 'stay the course'...:eek::cool:

Many thanks

@Aleph(0) --- Fair enough! Here are my responses to the 'strays' from post #112

Oh for Christ's sake! You never could take a compliment:rolleyes:!
Despite intent, undue effusiveness is not complimentary - merely embarrassing...

I look but not comfortable to join in until past talking silly and all that;)
Fair enough! -- Though I must say I fail to understand your motivation for posting incognito? You either are or are not who you seem to be -- It 'works' either way!:):):)

All the best!!!:)
HP