ECU repair

Furiokid

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Hi, new on here and hoping someone might be able to help me and not been able to find anyone who can yet.

I've got an Apexi Power FC ecu for my Impreza and after buying it on eBay found that when the ignition is switched on, when switched back off the ignition stays on until the battery is disconnected (or main relay pulled).
Opened the ecu up and found damage to the printed circuit board from connector B136-32 (self shutoff control circuit). Going to try and repair the damaged circuit board but traced the circuit and found it goes to a component that I'm not sure what it is? I've measured across it with a multimeter and measured across another that looks the same next to it, and found the one on my shutoff circuit appears to be open circuit?
I've circled the component (D30) in the picture. Don't know if anyone can help identify what this would be to possibly replace it?

Attachments

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
In short, it is a diode and more than likely fairly common. Measure using diode function of meter. Lots of youtube onhow to test diodes. If you get a better picture, we could even tell you what kind it is and where to get them.
This would probably be the result of something else. Need to find the cause?

Furiokid

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Ah brilliant thank you. Well I suspect it's burnt out as the casing on the ecu had been dented and touched on the circuit board and it burnt the track out which I now need to repair and suspect it's burnt the diode out too?
I'll see about getting some better pics/desolder it to get more info. Thanks for your help

Furiokid

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Ah brilliant thank you. Well I suspect it's burnt out as the casing on the ecu had been dented and touched on the circuit board and it burnt the track out which I now need to repair and suspect it's burnt the diode out too?
I'll see about getting some better pics/desolder it to get more info. Thanks for your help

Furiokid

Joined Aug 1, 2017
After realising it's a one way diode I measured the diode the other way (switched my probes) and found it's giving a good reading so sort of back to drawing board again

Furiokid

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Checked a bit more and found there's another diode in the circuit and when tested, both ways I'm getting 0 Ohms. Guessing that means it's burnt out?

Attachments

Furiokid

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Also carried out a diode test with my multimeter.
On D29, D30 and D31, one way I'm getting 0.5v and open circuit the other way.
On D33 I'm getting 0v through the diode both ways too?
On appearance they all look the same

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
In one direction you should get 0.5-0.7 v
In the opposite direction you should get OL or 1 depending on your meter. If suspicious, desolder one leg from the board, and check it again. Make sure you are using diode setting on DVOM.
You say the case was smashed and a trace was burnt. Can you post pics. I would concenfrate my search in that area and anything attached to the burnt trace.