Eagle schematic personal libraries

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Eagle 7.6.x library editing...

OK, Eagle wizards - what I want to do is copy some of the symbols in Eagle's standard libraries to my own library, leaving the originals behind, and edit the schematic symbols by moving around some of the pins. Is this possible? If so, how?

thanks.

ak

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Open your new library then, in the control panel find the device, symbol, or package and right click it and select 'copy to library'.
If it is a device then all the parts will be copied over including multiple packages if the device has them.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
OK, Eagle wizards - what I want to do is copy some of the symbols in Eagle's standard libraries to my own library, leaving the originals behind, and edit the schematic symbols by moving around some of the pins. Is this possible? If so, how?
From the Control Panel, open the library you want to add parts to in the Library Editor. Then go back to the control panel and browse through the list of libraries till you find the one containing the part(s) you want to add. Expand the library to view its contents, right-click on each part to be added, and select Copy To Library. The part will then be added to the library you opened in the Library Editor.

EDIT: Darn. AH beat me to it.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If you are using the "old" icons, select what you want, "cut" (right click) and then paste to a new symbol for your library. One rule, always have "all" displayed when copying or cutting/pasting stuff. Only what you see is copied.

John