Dupont connector - 20 PINs jumper

clmoi90

Joined Mar 29, 2018
Hi all,

I am using different PCB to design a test bench. I need all the PINs of one Dupont connector to be connected to the same location.

The 20 rightmost PINs have to connect to the same point.
upload_2019-1-16_19-0-56.png

I see three solutions:
1) Use 20 dupont wires, that I will solder together into one single wire and connect this wire at that location (it takes a lot of wires, time consuming for production, and it will look messy).
2) Solder these 20 PINs in the bottom of the PCB and use a single wire from one of these 20 PINs to that location (If I want to reuse this PCB for another application I may have to un-solder them later which is bothersome)
3) Use kind of a big jumper which will connect all these 20 PINS together and then use a single wire to that location. Concept:
upload_2019-1-16_19-6-29.png

I prefer solution 3, but I can't find such "20 PINs jumper" (not sure that's the right word), anyone can help and tell me whether this exists?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Ludovic

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The female connector "pins" often come in a long strip from which you cut individual connectors for hand crimping. The long strip is for automated production. You could take such a strip and use it to connect all 20 pins together.

Edit: Here's what I mean:
upload_2019-1-16_6-32-53.png

The spacing is about twice what you need, but the strip is quite bendable. You could also just solder 20 of the female connectors to a piece of bus wire.

Last edited: