Dual running turn signals

sross2001

Joined May 12, 2019
I bought some very small all in one turn signals for my motorcycle and realized they look great but might not be as safe. I want to run a second pair of lights with them on the same circuit performing the same functions of stop/running/turn in tandem so they signal together on the the rear of the bike. Is it as simple as splicing or soldering the wiring harness together or will the signal feed only one blinker instead of two on each side by following the shortest path.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Can you provide a schematic of what you want to do. My first thought is to just run the bulbs in parallel but not exactly sure what your all-in-one circuits consist of. You can run them in parallel through one flasher unit although you may have to change the flasher to get the right timing. A schematic or picture of what you are using would work best.

Last edited:

sross2001

Joined May 12, 2019
Can you provide a schematic of what you want to do. My first thought is to just run the bulbs in parallel but not exactly sure what your all-in-one circuits consist of. You can run them in laralle through one flasher unit although you may have to change the flasher to get the right timing. A schematic or picture of what you are using would work best.
I've got three wires coming from the ECU stoplight, turn signal, running light. You can see the three corresponding wires in this photo. I have a 12V circuit and the each combination signal uses 1.5-2.5 V under max usage (hazard signals while braking) I wanted to add a second set of lights to the same circuit but didn't know if it being under 12V total meant I could just jam an extra wire into the wiring harness or splice them into the same wire for a second set of lights. I thought I might need to add something to it like a resister or modulator of some kind to get power to flow to both sets of lights similarly of if it would function normally . Pretty simple idea but I didn't know if it was in a simple fix, thanks for the advice .

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 10.56.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 7.03.11 PM.png

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Okay now I am a little confused and need clarification. Generally speaking, stop and turn are same filament unless there is a separate amber light. What I see there is a three wire setup which would be ground, park, and stop/turn. If it is case ground, I could see case ground and then three lights but not what I would normally expect.
Secondly, what do you mean by ECU? If there is an ECU in play, now we have to watch our total amperage as you can damage internal module components.
Where did you measure 1.5-2.5 volts? Eack lamp in parallel should use full source voltage.
Lastly, I wouldnt suggest using those solder connectors, heat and shrink. They are junk.
can you send me manufacturer and part number of lamp assy?