dual 555 timer to delay relay activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

installer69

Joined Jul 31, 2014
Hi all,
having some trouble working through a problem and would love some input please.
I have used a dual 555 setup to allow an earth pulse trigger to activate a relay for 1 second after a 1 second delay.
My question is this: Is it possible to trigger the circuit from a positive and get an earth output without the use of relays instead of the opposite that it currently produces resulting in the need fro a relay at each end of the circuit?

My current setup is the same as this image just with the positive trigger pulse that I have activating a relay to replace the push switch on the left of the picture.
If there are other better suggestions not requiring 555s at all I would be more than happy to try them.
By the way, this is in an automotive 12v scenario.
Another question on my circuit; do you see any issues with it being powered up all the time and triggered when required?
Many hopeful thanks.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised and are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in your thread being closed without question:
• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.