DSO oscilloscope with STM32

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
Hi,
I have compiled a source code for DSO oscilloscope with STM32f4 discovery board. and i used a 7inch color lcd with 50 pin interface via a ssd1963 driver board.
The source code is from this tutorial. Everything on discovery board seems to be OK, LEDs blinking well. but nothing appears on LCD screen, just backligh screen lights up.
The code has used UGFX source for driving screen.
so, is there any specific LCD that should be connected for this project to work ,with any specific part number or something?
I have attached schematic of my LCD driver interface board.

Regards

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Wouldn't it be nice if everything worked for the first time when you hit Run?
When things don't work that is where the fun begins.
What you have is a very complex process. You need to step back and get things working from square one.

Learn to use the IDE.

1) Can you program the MCU with the simplest code?
2) Can you make an LED connected to GPIO pin flash?

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
Well, I think nothing is wrong with code and compiliation.
I've run many projects on my discovery board without problem,Though working with GCC in linux over Eclipse has its own difficulties.
for Color LCDs there are some strange things,some have identified IDs that should be read first to drive properly and so on!
I think there must be some tips about using UGFX source code and driving a 7inch color LCD through ssd1963, if anyone has had any experience about? or have run this project sucessfully...
thanks

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Seems like you already have a head start on the STM32F4 interface.
The next step would be to isolate the code for the LCD and see if you can draw something simple such as a line, filled rectangle, or text.

Which STM32F4 discovery board are you using?

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
I own Discovery STM32f407, the same as used in tutorial.
I had successfully run my 7inch LCD with simple ssd1963 library in Keil before,in GPIO mode (No FSMC) .so the lcd seems ok with ssd1963 driver in GPIO mode.
The ugfx code has many complex configurations than keil's library indeed, the worse using Gcc and the eclipse .so , I think it's better to know if there's any hardware prerequisites before getting through software pains.
for example,whether the ugfx is only working with LCDs with any specific ID , size , hardware specifications or it works with any kind of color LCD over its defined driver Libs?
or is there any simple code to know my LCD is compatible with ugfx or not? (maybe the same thing as happens in Arduino's no-pain GUI libraries).