Drive Solenoid Valve Using IR2111

magnuskarlson33

Joined Apr 12, 2023
hey , so for my company , I need to make board . the previous board I was using could drive 8 solenoid valves but for my latest design I just need to drive 2 solenoid valves . my past board was good enough ,Its size is issue right now so i would like to decrease the size of my board . the current suggestion i have got is using a ir2111 to drive my solenoid valve but currently I do not want to use mosfet's to drive my solenoid valve . any way to use the ic without mosfet?
I am using SY5220-5LZ-O1 as my solenoid valves it takes just 18 mA .
Are there any cheap and reliable ways to make a size efficient solenoid valve driver . if any suggestion please let me know.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Could use the low side or high side output directly to activate the solenoid with the IR2111.
What is the source of the input voltage?

magnuskarlson33

Joined Apr 12, 2023
hey , so for my company , I need to make board . the previous board I was using could drive 8 solenoid valves but for my latest design I just need to drive 2 solenoid valves . my past board was good enough ,Its size is issue right now so i would like to decrease the size of my board . the current suggestion i have got is using a ir2111 to drive my solenoid valve but currently I do not want to use mosfet's to drive my solenoid valve . any way to use the ic without mosfet?
I am using SY5220-5LZ-O1 as my solenoid valves it takes just 18 mA .
Are there any cheap and reliable ways to make a size efficient solenoid valve driver . if any suggestion please let me know.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The IR2111 is intended for a different application, , what is wrong with a simple Mosfet, or even a small relay ?
You may get away with a simple 2n7000 at that current, which seems rather low, BTW?
Appears to be a pilot valve?

Marley

Joined Apr 4, 2016
A small MOSFET is the way to go. A logic-level device direct from the micro-controller (or whatever you are using) should be OK. Don't forget the back EMF catching diode.

magnuskarlson33

Joined Apr 12, 2023
The IR2111 is intended for a different application, , what is wrong with a simple Mosfet, or even a small relay ?
You may get away with a simple 2n7000 at that current, which seems rather low, BTW?
Appears to be a pilot valve?
mosfet would need isolation
could you tell me a way so that i could make this work
or is it possibile to drive using switching from ho to lo using input signals