Dreams within dreams

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Back when it was a common occurrence for me, I would be suspicious if it had already happened a couple of times. And my suspicions would be confirmed when something odd would happen. Usually when I figured it out is when I would wake up again (to a new dream). It's like my brain was trying to prank my brain, and every time I figured it out, my brain would say "crap, he's onto us, oh well, reset, try again."
Thanks for the read, most in psychology will say your going through stress. The body will deal with the overload by keeping you deep in a REM state were healing can begin for the body. Only then will it be able to do so; but the multi-layer is something only a sleep therapist can conclude. The lack of air, concerns me.

You might be correct from your own analysis. based on post#1

Last edited:

Miss Kelly

Joined Nov 9, 2013
I sometimes have dreams within dreams, within dreams, ad nauseum. It typically takes four or five awakenings to get to the real thing. It also seems to happen when I haven't been sleeping well for a while. It's like the REM sleep goes into overdrive to make up for lost time. As far as the unexpected twins? That happened to my cousin and his wife. They met and married while he was in the Navy. They discovered she was having twins after she popped out the first one. Then it was like "Whoops! There's another one!" That was close to thirty years ago. Medical technology is a wee bit more precise now. It all turned out well. Thee twins are both happily married and raising families of their own.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Woke up from a hospital setting.
Reading a note that said "value too retuse"!

Must have been someone else's dream. I have never heard that word, or even knew it was a word.:eek:

Of course I may not be awake now!:D