Don't understand how this relay works in a schematic

Towlieee

Joined Jan 21, 2018
I'm reading a wiring diagram for my sport bike, and I don't understand this relay. The engine cut relay.

The left R/W wire is directly from the battery with a 20amp fuse. The other wires I could tell you where they go if needed, or just give you the entire diag
I just don't understand how either of these relays function, I've never seen relays on a schematic drawn like this. I was under the impression that both these relays are part of my bikes "protection" from faults, to stop the bike from running, and/or pumping fuel in the event a fault is detected. I had already by-passed any "fault" circuits, aka the tip over sensor, the kick stand, the neutral switch, at the sensors/switches themselves.

But now that I'm re-doing my entire wire harness, I was wanting to attempt to remove these relays if infact their only job is to STOP my bike from starting due to a fault.

On the engine stop relay, I know the left most wire is constant 12v, so I'd assume that if the relay isn't "active", then the secondpin B/w would also be constant 12v? And then if say ground/B+ were sent down the 3rd and 4th wire, it would naje the 1st and 2nd wire become a open circuit aka disconnected?

It's confusing looking at the picture, and also where the other wires end up running to, just trying to figure this all out instead of having toactivelly hook EVERYTHING up to my bike and just test different configurations...

Attachments

Towlieee

Joined Jan 21, 2018
Nevermind, stupid question.

I didn't thinkabout the fact I could just the relay it self up alone to a 12v source and easily figure it out lol