Does anybody know what type of diode this is? (2)

itskool4u

Joined Nov 23, 2023
did you get this working?? i have exactly same issue as you were having, exactly the same diode burnt. any help would be good for me

Moderator edit: new thread created from this.

itskool4u

Joined Nov 23, 2023
itskool4u
what happaened to the diode? Why do you want to replace it?
it burnt, I replaced the diode from a somewhat identical pcb and when powered its heating as hell, if plugged in for few secs more it may burn again.

I checked with multimeter and apparently current/voltage(idk) is flowing both side, I'm not an expert pls help

itskool4u

Joined Nov 23, 2023
Capacitor shorted?
This is the exact controller PCB, in first image bottom of board mine D23 is burnt, can you take a guess of which capacitor you talking about.

I checked for continuity without power (just after installing donor diode) and around 130 was the reading when connected either side, but when I checked other diodes in the circuit it showed reading only when connected right (negative on anode and positive on cathode) as it should be

any help would be awesome

Pyrex

Joined Feb 16, 2022
The diode can't burn out by itself. Diodes 1N4001-1N4007 can be used to replace.
Check those capacitors in resistance mode. If they are OK, IC is faulty

itskool4u

Joined Nov 23, 2023
C7 or C6 the only other load for the diode is U1 IC.
Checked C6 and C7 both fine but U1 seems to be bad here,

I have an idle controller with this board (controller has drifting issue, nothing related to board) and compared it with the burnt one, readings were different (short circuit maybe).
I don't have a hot air gun at home, will try to get it swapped at repair shop. The naming is different on both, one is IAEBK and the older one says IAEBE which I don't think is an issue (I'm no expert, pls let me know)

I'll post an update here once it's done.
A huge thanks to you good sir