Does anybody know a CMOS diy sensor with long exposure time?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, it sounds like you are looking for an IMAGE sensor that can run in an integrating mode, probably for very low light applications. So either you are seeking a sensor for a very low light application, or else you need to explain what it is that you want to accomplish, because it is really not clear how you would use an image from a log exposure.

alfa015

Joined Oct 8, 2019
OK, it sounds like you are looking for an IMAGE sensor that can run in an integrating mode, probably for very low light applications. So either you are seeking a sensor for a very low light application, or else you need to explain what it is that you want to accomplish, because it is really not clear how you would use an image from a log exposure.
Astrophotography

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Astrophotography

OK, that makes perfect sense then. And it limits the choices a bit because mostly cameras try for the shortest possible exposure times to catch fast motion. So really you indeed do need an image sensor, not a standard camera. It is entirely possible that you would be able to write new code for an existing camera, if the documentation about the hardware was available. That whole area is far beyond my skill set, so I am not able to help there. But here is an interesting option, which is to use a standard camera and do the storing one pixel at a time in an outside computer. Array processing of pixels is already done, and that might be a whole lot simpler since you would not need to do hardware designing.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
And long exposure time can greatly increase the noise levels if I remember correctly.
Multiple exposure and post processing may work better.