Does AC automatically adjust itself to the object power rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante_clericuzzio

Joined Mar 28, 2016
I am trying to create battery charger using this circuit below. However based on the multimeter output it shows that the voltage generated from the circuit is about 220 volt. However when i connect it to the battery the increment the battery gets is only 0.002 volt from 2.46 volt to 2.46. So this lead to the thinking that although the AC produce 220 volt but when there is load being attached to it then it will reduce according to the voltage required by the object connected to it. To confirm this i have test light bulb that is using 240, 220, and 230 volt they also light up. This seems to confirm that the voltage apply to the object is based on its power rating i.e. voltage, amp.

Please advise if am i missing something here because i don't quite 100% certain about my thought. Thank you

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
You can't measure rectified AC with a DVM. You need a filter cap and R1 will limit current to less than one mA.

BTW, transformerless circuits connected to mains are disallowed.

dante_clericuzzio

Joined Mar 28, 2016
You can't measure rectified AC with a DVM. You need a filter cap and R1 will limit current to less than one mA.

BTW, transformerless circuits connected to mains are disallowed.
kindly advise why transformerless is disallowed is there any danger without it?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
User Agreement.
Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

[*]Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
[*]Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
[*]LEDs to mains
[*]Phone jammers
[*]Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
[*]Transformer-less power supplies

So this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.