Not open for further replies.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I finish posts like this with, "This has been a public service announcement.":D

Kind of a parody on some TV announcements I saw decades ago.:rolleyes:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I bought BTY brand AAA batteries off eBay twice (dozens at a time). The first batch served me well and most are still in service. The second batch appeared to be rejects/counterfeit because the labels were "wrinkled". Most of that batch of batteries didn't perform well and I got a refund.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
The batteries I bought were 3000 mAh AA cells. I knew that 3000 mAh capacity in a AA case at the price I paid is highly unlikely/impossible. I would have been happy with 1500 mAh capacity.........But Nooooo. I fully charged them and loaded a test cell with 5 ohms, which equals 240 milliamps or 1/12 of the AH capacity. At the end of the first hour the cell read 1.02 volts. Twenty minutes later it read .10 volts. This would make them 250 to 350 mAh batteries.

I did an internet search and found all of the warnings and complaints. I also found a post where one fellow cut one open and said that the construction and materials looked like Nickel cadmium, not nickel metal hydride. The weight was way off. An Energizer 2300 mAh cell weighted .8 oz, a 1000 mAh cell weighed .6 oz and the BTY weighed .4 oz.

I requested a refund, 1 hour later they said OK, the money was in my PayPal account the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.