Do I use correctly the AAC calculator

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Just our land is undergoing the first phase of overwhelming 5G-hystery so the radiojournalist asked me number of questions what was failed to answer by local radiotelecommunication establishment head (his said was real on the edge to be claimed be idiotic - who really let such degraded people lead so grand projects?).

So I little bit searched the net and found that there will be installed the Nokia AirScale 5G-ready BaseStation 2x100W at 5 GHz with antenna of MikroTik mANT19s (datasheet at http://i.mt.lv/cdn/rb_files/mANT_series-160509124929.pdf) giving the 120x5 deg mainlobe and extra-wide bunch of multiple sidelobes vertically toward ground, so that amplification factor is 19 dB.

As the AllAboutCircuits online calculator (www.allaboutcircuits.com/tools/power-density-calculator/) demands a G expressed in the "linear" form, so I convert a 19 dB into 80-fold (as shows www.rapidtables.com/convert/electric/db-converter.html) - THIS WAS A MAIN QUESTION - DO THE "LINEAR" MEANS "~FOLD" INSTEAD OF dB??

Thus the 200W and 10 meters gives the 12 W/m2 (instantly endangered life); 20 meters gives 3,7 W/m2 (not good in long run, but shortly OK); 50m results into 0,5 W/m2 (for sensitive people may be bad but no legal actions possible); 100 meters shows 0,13 W/m2 (exists an effects but industry claims no-harmful); and even 200 m where in future the NEXT mobile tower will be present (as advertizers obey one tower on each 200 m), there is 32 mW/m2.

Just I cannot understand - WHY SO MUCH OVERKILLING WITH UNNECESSARY LARGE POWER DENSITIES?? Today with a "an average" WiFi at home I have about 2 mW/m2 only, at my sleep place laptop shows 4 stripes on the WiFi signal quality scale. Does it means the newcoming 5G is intended to work with unbelieveably bad receiving antennas??

P.S. One day later - morning early I went to that site and walked around the antenna, proudly decorated with EU flag on the top of it and poster "we are first one". Permanenty there was 110-120-70-160 mW/m2, but regularly, few times in the 10 minutes the power density peak was happening to 0,5 W/m2 for just 5-10 seconds what fell then back to the average. So, if on the ground, far out of the mainlobe, EMI is like that, how much will be to those sitting at antenna mainlobe path, hundreds of office workers in that business park. But I cannot measure at their seats as those are completely closed territory under guard. Ah ya, local inspectorate for radiofrequencies says publicly - anything is under control, everything is okay. Only why then, so near as 1 km off this business park at residential sleep-house district near TV tower was 20-30 microteslas instead of 0,092 permittable (ICNIRP-98). They says me, I have a wrong (because China-made) measurer. Okay, now I have 4 different from different producers and all them shows roughly the same.

So, I see the rather hard contradiction between calculated power density and measured, measured is larger. WHY? And what are those peaks? BigData flood? Big data from first station where no any other 5G stations exist in the nearest 1000 km?? Very small factor of trusworthy indeed.