DIY temperature chamber project

DJ_AA

Joined Aug 6, 2021
Hi

Has anyone ever made a DIY temperature chamber project, maybe using peltiers?

I need to create an environment where I can change the temperature from 0 to 50 degrees.

Any suggestions?

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Unless you are going to use a conventional compressor method, a peltier device is the way to go to achieve the cooling.

But normally peltier cooling will be fairly limited in the volume cooled – to maximum around 5 litres, and ideally less.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Yes it would be good to know the volume to be controlled as well as other details about the application.

"Temperature chamber" sounds like a specific thing that I'm not familiar with. I am familiar with temperature control inside of electrical control panels and there are a number of devices sold for this purpose. There are conventional compressor AC units and peltier units. The conventional units are a better choice because they remove moisture from the air. Peltier units cause condensation.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You are describing an environmental chamber.

I need to create an environment where I can change the temperature from 0 to 50 degrees.
That would be degrees C or degrees F.

Yes, no mention of volume or other environmental control like humidity? Next how fast the chamber needs to transition from hot to cold or cold to hot? The more information you can provide the better the help and suggestions you will get. Pellitiers have their limitations. Did you want to add a shaker so you can do shake and bake? How about ports so instrumentation wires can pass in and out?

Ron

Last edited:

DJ_AA

Joined Aug 6, 2021
Sorry for the delay.

It will be degree C.

Well, I need to measure in the area such as 1-meter sq. Where I can place multiple enclosure(with PCBS inside), to observe the effect.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I suggest an off-the-shelf solution – something like this; you could replace the front door with a clear Perspex sheet – but there are no details of the cooling/heating capabilities of the unit, only the dimensions and the power consumption.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165572118592?hash=item268cde0840:g:3lgAAOSwBnJiy7Sc
Yes I agree. 1 cubic meter is conveniently close to the volume of a large consumer grade deep freezer. The temperature regulation could be improved with the addition of a PID controller but otherwise i see no reason to reinvent the wheel. A freezer will be much more efficient than anything based on peltier technology and has the added benefit of removing moisture due to its conventional compressor design.