Diy PEMF High Gauss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teljkon

Joined Jan 24, 2019
dude take a sabatical to a lower RF zone don't inindate your self with more EMF. Go spend a week in the woods Glamp if you have to loose your phone and take a bottle of whisky hike all week. Or find a secluded beach and drink rum and tequila while you swim all day. Don't zap your body into submission. Good luck God bless with what ever your condition is.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Light therapy has its admirers. Unfortunately, too much of the equipment is over-designed and over-priced compared to what, for example, a red LED flashlight can do.
I can make you a good deal on a $1200 flashlight package system that does not work. I have not worked on it yet to see just what portion has failed, presently I suspect the power supply section because several different sections are all dead.
The assembly does not seem to have been designed with servicing in mind. I see a lot of that.

Sprytle

Joined Aug 28, 2021
I want to build a High power PEMF machine.

I have a basic understand of circuits i have been an Electrician for 6 Years but also interested in Electronics.

I'm having a few issues understanding the best design to start with

I'm pretty sure a good method would be building a capacitive discharge circuit.

I am aiming for a adjustable 0.7 - 1.5 Tesla pulse power.

Because the Tesla rating i want is quite high i think the best method for pulsing would be a spark gap.

I am not keen on using a sparkplug.

I would rather something less crude but couldn't find anything.

I am not sure whether going into either higher voltages or chunkier capacitor bank is the best direction for the power output i want

- What would be the best voltage to run a circuit like this at ?

- Is there a solid state switch that can handle switching the discharge current from a capacitor bank ?

- Are there any premade modules that are designed for spark gaps in a vacuum that are long lasting ?

- What type of capacitor would fit a circuit like this ?

The Tesla rating from what i know is affected by

Amount of turns - I am trying to go for a low amount of turns on the coil around 4

Size - I am trying to go for a large loop 30cm

Discharge current

I thought voltage would matter but the formulas i have been looking at don't include voltage

I am not really bothered by accurately calculating the Tesla rating but i would like to have a rough idea to work with

The photo i added is the type of coil i want to mimic.

Thanks,
Ristocrat
This post was awhile ago, but physicist Bryant Meyers has several videos detailing PEMF and how some popular proponents of PEMF like Dr Pawluk have the misconception that higher Gauss is desirable. I’m a beginner, but it’s something about their calculations using the inverse square law rather than the Biot Savart law in addition to getting the metric system confused.

Sprytle

Joined Aug 28, 2021
OK, please explain what is a "PEMF" machine and what is it supposed to do for a person. If it is a legitimate medical device then there should be a fair amount of literature available.
What you need to do is first know the intensity of the desired magnetic field, then, for the desired area of that field intensity, calculate the amp-turns. At that point, if you have the number of turns selected, you can know the amos and the time, and then you need to calculate the inductance and the resistance. Then you will know the voltage and the current.
I really do not recommend a spark gap for switching, there are SCR devices available for many levels of current.
I want to build a High power PEMF machine.

I have a basic understand of circuits i have been an Electrician for 6 Years but also interested in Electronics.

I'm having a few issues understanding the best design to start with

I'm pretty sure a good method would be building a capacitive discharge circuit.

I am aiming for a adjustable 0.7 - 1.5 Tesla pulse power.

Because the Tesla rating i want is quite high i think the best method for pulsing would be a spark gap.

I am not keen on using a sparkplug.

I would rather something less crude but couldn't find anything.

I am not sure whether going into either higher voltages or chunkier capacitor bank is the best direction for the power output i want

- What would be the best voltage to run a circuit like this at ?

- Is there a solid state switch that can handle switching the discharge current from a capacitor bank ?

- Are there any premade modules that are designed for spark gaps in a vacuum that are long lasting ?

- What type of capacitor would fit a circuit like this ?

The Tesla rating from what i know is affected by

Amount of turns - I am trying to go for a low amount of turns on the coil around 4

Size - I am trying to go for a large loop 30cm

Discharge current

I thought voltage would matter but the formulas i have been looking at don't include voltage

I am not really bothered by accurately calculating the Tesla rating but i would like to have a rough idea to work with

The photo i added is the type of coil i want to mimic.

Thanks,
Ristocrat
The one I’ve just constructed may be too high, as I can really feel the effects whereas the BEMER seems to be almost undetectable. I’ve got ~100 turns of enameled 20 awg copper wire connected to one channel of an 18 W stereo amp. The signal is a 10-30hz sweep of square waves. I’m a beginner and also dodging the $20,000 price tag. I’ve been using frequency-specific Microcurrent with unbelievable results, but I have to drink a quart and 1/2 of water before and after which I’m hoping to reduce by converting to magnetic. Anyway, I need help with the Biot Savart calculation of my PEMF ring to see if it’s too strong, and if so, how much I can turn down the “volume” to hit a more healing level. Thanx for any advice!

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Still no explanation of just what the machine is and what the claimed benefits are.
And certainly there are quite a few who claim that there are harmful effects from strong magnetic fields, although "strong" is seldom adequately defined.
So how about telling us what the magnetics are supposed to be doing that s a benefit?
This is not an excessive request, if the project is worth any effort then certainly the benefits must be known.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Try turning down the volume and see at which point you don't get results. I don't think many people on this forum have the expertis you really need. We are not here to argue about the efficacy of any particular treatment, at least I don't think so because we are not experts in that field. You might find more satisfying results on another forum, but you will not find better technical minds than those here.

Sprytle

Joined Aug 28, 2021
Try turning down the volume and see at which point you don't get results. I don't think many people on this forum have the expertis you really need. We are not here to argue about the efficacy of any particular treatment, at least I don't think so because we are not experts in that field. You might find more satisfying results on another forum, but you will not find better technical minds than those here.
As for me, I already know it works for my health issues and the original poster must have a goal in mind in trying to get a higher power rolling. If the higher power is for a health application, it would be wise to look into the thresholds for when the power goes from helpful to harmful. I am not versed in the magnetic ranges, but once you pass the 400 micro amp threshold from “microcurrent” into the TENS unit territory, ATP production is no longer increased. Then when you get into the currents higher than 400 micro amps you are actually causing a decrease in atp production and from there tissue damage. TENS units are stimulating, yes, but anything over 400 micro amps is not considered “healing”. I am only recently also looking into light therapies per the Fritz Albert Popp experiments, but not sure there is a cause-effect that can be observed directly so for now I can treat specific ailments with the MENS and PEMF and report findings

Status
Not open for further replies.