DIY DC Generator Guide and Feasibility

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
DIY DC Generator Guide and Feasibility, anyone have idea to make DC generator DIY, for wind turbine, output expected about 3kw and more, at 24-48v DC

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Do you even look for things that other members lead you to? Janis59 gave you one of the easiest to build and one that works in another of your threads. They have been around now for a good while, and the PDF I've included tells you how to make 2 different sizes, and even how to make the blades and the other parts to make it work.

Attachments

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Do you even look for things that other members lead you to? Janis59 gave you one of the easiest to build and one that works in another of your threads. They have been around now for a good while, and the PDF I've included tells you how to make 2 different sizes, and even how to make the blades and the other parts to make it work.
Yes... BUT DC Generator...

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Another Version
I don't wsnt rectifier, my ex treadmill DC motor can generate DC electricity directly, I just want to make DIY motor like that to generate electricity
It takes a commutator and brushes to make DC. Brushes are another load(friction) on the blades of a wind powered thing. That is why when you want to make DC easily with the wind you use an alternator to make AC then a rectifier to convert to DC. It is also why your tread mill motor can make DC, and why people that know what they are doing and want to do it both reliably and with little problems do it like I said AC - rectifier - DC output. It's why cars do it that way since ~1970, but hey, it's your project do it like you want.

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
It takes a commutator and brushes to make DC. Brushes are another load(friction) on the blades of a wind powered thing. That is why when you want to make DC easily with the wind you use an alternator to make AC then a rectifier to convert to DC. It is also why your tread mill motor can make DC, and why people that know what they are doing and want to do it both reliably and with little problems do it like I said AC - rectifier - DC output. It's why cars do it that way since ~1970, but hey, it's your project do it like you want.
Ok... do you have any idea to regulate DC voltage with about 40a output ?, main DC wiring system is using non standard 39v DC