displaying 4 bit numbers on a 7 segment

elvza1

Joined May 27, 2017
Connecting up the 74HC283 4-bit adder. The two 4-bit numbers to be added as well as the 4-bit result (the sum) will be connected to the 4-bit multiplexer and 7-segment display. so that any of these 4-bit numbers can be displayed

bbsquare

Joined Mar 5, 2017
When I used to use them in my designs, I used one decoder and muliplexed that to as many 7-segment displays I needed. Quite simple really. Be glad to show you.

By the way. If you have a carry from an addition, use the 8th element in your display, the point to indicate it. Not another display.

Mod edit: please do not post email addresses as it attracts spammers.

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Connecting up the 74HC283 4-bit adder. The two 4-bit numbers to be added as well as the 4-bit result (the sum) will be connected to the 4-bit multiplexer and 7-segment display. so that any of these 4-bit numbers can be displayed
You only made a statement. What is it that you are having problems with or do not understand?

This appears to be homework of some kind. Is it? If so, we can move this to Homework Help where you are more likely to get the kind of assistance that is suitable for a learning objective.