Diodes Inc DMG1016UDW SPICE model in LTSpice - .subckt definition with pin aliases like D=10?

RnDMonkey

Joined Mar 6, 2018
In the model supplied by Diodes Inc for their DMG1016UDW, a paired N+P transistor package, their .subckt definitions look like:
*N-CH
.SUBCKT DMG1016VN D=10 G=20 S=30
* TERMINALS: D G S

I've emphasized the part I'm wondering about. In LTSpice, this syntax seems to not be supported and causes an error about too many external pins in the subckt. I see that Diodes Inc intends is to use the internal net names 10, 20, and 30 in the rest of the file, and they seem to be using D=10 to match the default MOS symbol's "D" pin to their internal "10" node. My question is twofold: what is this pin/node "aliasing" called, and what SPICE simulators support it since apparently LTSpice doesn't?

RnDMonkey

Joined Mar 6, 2018
I didn't know about AKO aliases, but don't these just apply to basically overriding parameter values? In my case, the vendor-supplied model is trying to override the node names itself, so I think it still would have the same outcome: SPICE model file needs to be edited. In my case, I got the model working either by changing "D=10 G=20 S=30" on the .subckt delaration line to "10 20 30" or by changing it to "D G S" then editing each instance of "10", "20", or "30" in the rest of the model file to be D, G, or S, respectively.

RnDMonkey

Joined Mar 6, 2018
I didn't know about AKO aliases, but don't these just apply to basically overriding parameter values? In my case, the vendor-supplied model is trying to override the node names itself, so I think it still would have the same outcome: SPICE model file needs to be edited. In my case, I got the model working either by changing "D=10 G=20 S=30" on the .subckt delaration line to "10 20 30" or by changing it to "D G S" then editing each instance of "10", "20", or "30" in the rest of the model file to be D, G, or S, respectively.
I guess I kind of terminated my message without completing it there. What I was heading toward was that I know how to make the model work for me, I'm just wondering about the technical details that made it necessary to edit it in the first place. Like why did Diodes Inc write this model this way, and what program supports that syntax? Is it PSpice?