DIN Rail: You might Need This

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It is unfortunate that we as a society have become so dependent on Chinese products. It's not just simple matter of economics either. There are hidden costs that come along with it.

We have no control over the quality nor safety of these products (think smeltered electronics). They skimp so much that nothing in general is very durable. And pouring money into their tech industry, how can that not be a detriment to national security?

We should really rethink our policies on this. Subsidize some of those industries if we have to. We need to take our manufacturing back.
Well I can share this much. Everything I used was US manufacture from US companies. I had no choice. Everything that went into the end product which went out the door was US manufacture, also no choice. Watched endless films on national security every month too. :)

So we are saying no Chinese made din rail?

Ron

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
First & second shift run with the Wago stencil printer turned on. Third shift for some reason always forgets to turn that printer on, and what do you do with 5,000lbs of unstenciled levernuts?
I don't know about Wago, but do know about GM and DElphi. That, running 2 shifts for the originator and one for the "copier" is or was part of the trade agreement. With the stuff Delphi made, most of it went in to boxes marked "Chery". https://www.cheryinternational.com/ If you look the body style of the cars has a very heavy GM look to them, and much of the mechanics are clones.

Alot of politico types talk about trade secrets being "stolen" but some are "extorted" to get profits without using original country workers. But saying that out loud would make companies upset.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I don't know about Wago, but do know about GM and DElphi. That, running 2 shifts for the originator and one for the "copier" is or was part of the trade agreement. With the stuff Delphi made, most of it went in to boxes marked "Chery". https://www.cheryinternational.com/ If you look the body style of the cars has a very heavy GM look to them, and much of the mechanics are clones.

Alot of politico types talk about trade secrets being "stolen" but some are "extorted" to get profits without using original country workers. But saying that out loud would make companies upset.
Even the '"US company name" Factory' in China is a joint venture with a Chinese company or the Chinese army or other Chinese government entity. There are some (but very few) western-owned companies operating a plant in China without joint ownership agreements.