Digital input and find output questions

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Can you show what it is your answer?
That's not the way homework help works. If we just give you answers, you can't learn from your mistakes.

The fact that I took the time to do the problem and told you that your answer is wrong should have been enough incentive for you to go back and check your work.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't know what it is exact state. I guess we can assume certain state. The red graph is my answer. I am not sure if I am right.
The only assumption you need to make, and it's a reasonable one, is that before the first clock edge in your diagram there was a reset event and each of the four flip-flops reset to the state indicated in the diagram.

From that point, track the output of ALL of the flip flops and determine what happens at each succeeding clock edge.

As already pointed out, you must show YOUR work. We will help YOU find any problems so that YOU can finish what is, after all, YOUR homework.

Benengineer

Joined Feb 6, 2016
That's not the way homework help works. If we just give you answers, you can't learn from your mistakes.

The fact that I took the time to do the problem and told you that your answer is wrong should have been enough incentive for you to go back and check your work.
Sorry. Here is my answer.
upload_2018-5-15_12-5-54.png

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Sorry. Here is my answer.
View attachment 152553
That is not your WORK, that is your claimed ANSWER. How did you get it? Magic? Intuition? Reasoning? It's already been pointed out that it is wrong (though I haven't verified that personally). That's all the more we can tell you because that's all you've given us to work with.

You need to show your WORK -- which means the steps that you took to go from the diagram to the answer. That's the only way we can help you identify where you went wrong.

Benengineer

Joined Feb 6, 2016
That is not your WORK, that is your claimed ANSWER. How did you get it? Magic? Intuition? Reasoning? It's already been pointed out that it is wrong (though I haven't verified that personally). That's all the more we can tell you because that's all you've given us to work with.

You need to show your WORK -- which means the steps that you took to go from the diagram to the answer. That's the only way we can help you identify where you went wrong.
upload_2018-5-15_13-50-33.png

Benengineer

Joined Feb 6, 2016
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Look at the clock edges that your solution transitions on.
I don't know what you mean by Look at the clock edges that your solution transitions on. When it hits positive edge, it will change. Please point to specific edge.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I don't know what you mean by Look at the clock edges that your solution transitions on. When it hits positive edge, it will change. Please point to specific edge.
The first pulse transitions on rising edges. The second transitions on falling edges.
upload_2018-5-15_14-12-51.png