Different output in Orcad Capture and LTSpice

andradeomar77

Joined Mar 8, 2022
Hi, i been trying to understand why Orcad Capture is given me differents values in the simulation to given by LTSpice.

I did the calculations manually and only the Orcad Capture output is correct. Why?

This is a picture of my circuit in Orcad Capture
orcad_capture.png

And this is a picture of my LTSpice circuit with voltage in the N003 being the node with the 80 ohm resistor and current dependent current source

ltspice_screenshot.png

As you can see, they give different results in node 3. Do I have to activate some option in LTSpice to get it correctly?

I really appreciate your help.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi, i been trying to understand why Orcad Capture is given me differents values in the simulation to given by LTSpice.

I did the calculations manually and only the Orcad Capture output is correct. Why?

This is a picture of my circuit in Orcad Capture
View attachment 262315

And this is a picture of my LTSpice circuit with voltage in the N003 being the node with the 80 ohm resistor and current dependent current source

View attachment 262316

As you can see, they give different results in node 3. Do I have to activate some option in LTSpice to get it correctly?

I really appreciate your help.
In the equivalent LTspice schematic, B1 should be an "E" device. B2 should be an F device with a "V" device configured as a current sensor for input.
See below.

1646845218255.png

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You do realize, that under the hood they have additional primitives (the behavioral sources) not found in other implementations, and that the solvers are better, faster, and different from the original. If you are going to make comparisons, you at least need to make apples to apples comparisons. You also need to be aware of potential model and subcircuit differences. It is not as simple and straightforward as you might imagine, and as you have found out.