Did I Just Kill My Power Transformer?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
With no load it comes down to just about three things, the AC voltage, the Rectified voltage and the removal of ripple via the electrolytic's, it appears the AC is OK, the diodes check so it leaves the caps.
Why not just put a small temporary DC supply using the AC and a couple of rectifiers and a suitable electrolytic cap and see if the voltage comes up, the board as it is is off load anyway so you should be able to connect right up to the regulator circuit.
Max.

vinylcafe

Joined Dec 4, 2014
With no load it comes down to just about three things, the AC voltage, the Rectified voltage and the removal of ripple via the electrolytic's, it appears the AC is OK, the diodes check so it leaves the caps.
Why not just put a small temporary DC supply using the AC and a couple of rectifiers and a suitable electrolytic cap and see if the voltage comes up, the board as it is is off load anyway so you should be able to connect right up to the regulator circuit.
Max.
Not sure how to do above suggestion. Could I just pull next compoment after diodes on both 60 and 85v paths and measure voltage then?