Detection of tap position of auto transformer

vks_foe

Joined Jan 11, 2009
upload_2017-2-24_23-22-51.png
I have shown a block diagram in which the odd and even taps are connected together, respectively. The switch shown is of roller type, one of which connects through the odd taps and the other through the even. There is overlapping between even and odd taps. I need to sense when does the tap change, the timing differences etc. I need an interface circuitry to get clear pulses to sense opening and closing of taps. I tried the following sensing/debouncing circuitry, one each for odd and even :
upload_2017-2-24_23-27-59.png
The vcc and gnd are common with arduino as well as tfp. But because of common return path as well as inductance linking, i don't get clear interrupts.
This interface works wonderfully with 2 distinct switches but fails when they are interconnected. Can someone suggest a good interface?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
My comment was based on this statement.
Perhaps I didn't correctly understand that statement.
How would you interpret it?
I understood it to mean that both the even and odd rollers could be connected to taps at the same time.
So the even roller is sitting on tap 0. As the actuator moves, the odd roller contacts tap 1 before the even roller leaves tap 0.

vks_foe

Joined Jan 11, 2009
My comment was based on this statement.
Perhaps I didn't correctly understand that statement.
How would you interpret it?
I haven't shown the additional circuitry. There are contactors and resistances for limiting the short circuit current and potential equalisation.