Desperately Seeking Home For Nice Doggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
We can read endless horror stories about when dogs attack. Dog bite statistics.
"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Humane Society of the United States, there are about 4.7 million dog bites every year in the U.S. These bites result in approximately 16 fatalities".

So 4.7 million dog bites and 16 fatalities. This is not even getting breed specific. I would be much more concerned with other attacks resulting in death than dog attacks. Now those are CDC numbers and depending on what one reads and chooses to believe some sources put the number of deaths between 30 to 50. The point here being there are plenty of more pressing attacks to be concerned with. I have no idea what provokes a dog to attack, let alone breed specific but the odds of being attacked and killed by a dog are astronomical. Problem is that every time a dog attack results in a death it's a feeding frenzy for the media.

Ron

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Yes, certainly the problem is not the deaths from attack dog breeds, it's the media frenzy.
I totally agree. We must kill all the dogs to avoid further deaths

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...r-shot-in-head-in-st-louis-rushed-to-hospital

p.s. just doing a search on "toddler + shot" gives me chills

Curious here, if pitbull incident immediately reignited debate of pitbull ownership... what about all unintentional shooting deaths? Or is it ok because it was an accident?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I totally agree. We must kill all the dogs to avoid further deaths
I never mentioned all dogs but your attempt at sarcasm is duly noted.
if pitbull incident immediately reignited debate of pitbull ownership... what about all unintentional shooting deaths? Or is it ok because it was an accident?
Why did you even imply that with your straw dog comments?
And the subject of this thread started with dogs, not shooting deaths.
But if you want to get into ways to reduce shooting deaths, that's a whole new ball of snakes, which will inflame all the NRA types.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I never mentioned all dogs but your attempt at sarcasm is duly noted.
Why did you even imply that with your straw dog comments?
And the subject of this thread started with dogs, not shooting deaths.
But if you want to get into ways to reduce shooting deaths, that's a whole new ball of snakes, which will inflame all the NRA types.
One horrific mauling is an excellent way to draw attention away from actual statistically much more significant problems. That is all. I did not come up with this "straw dog".

I do appreciate that you recognized the sarcasm

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
One horrific mauling is an excellent way to draw attention away from actual statistically much more significant problems
Of course there are a lot of statistically more significant problems, but I don't see that as a reason to to ignore the less statistically significant, which you seem to imply.
There is a solution to minimize the deaths from attack dogs.
What's your solution for the gun deaths that won't give the NRA types heart failure?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Getting back to the original subject, another family killing by a couple of "friendly" family pit bulls (well, they had them for 8 years without a "violent incident").
It's difficult to contemplate the horrific death those two young kids suffered, not to mention the trauma of their mother seeing it happen and also being severely injured in the attack.

So tell me again how. if pit bulls are properly integrated into a family, they are just like any other dog.
Hi,

I had a feeling that could happen when i saw how strong these dogs are, and i worried about my friend in LA.
Unfortunately, she still hasnt placed the dog in a home. I have another feeling that she never will even though her daughter (with new baby now) wont come to live with her again until the dog is gone. Maybe time will change that but so far it's been a few months and still no placement.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yes, certainly the problem is not the deaths from attack dog breeds, it's the media frenzy.
Look it was a simple off topic thread asking a simple question. It had to be dragged into a series of rants about a specific breed. Some people own the breed and enjoy the breed so save the Johnny do good routine. Does anyone want this dog? It's a simple yes or no answer. No I don't own a Pitbull and likely never will. I have friends who have the breed and none of those dogs has ever been a problem. With 17 deaths a year attributed to the dog attacks yes, it's a media frenzy. The thread topic and question asked is simple enough, you either want the dog or not, it's a yes or no so save the Johnny be good. No sooner than the thread started a half dozen people feel the need to derail it.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Says the person with absolutely no understanding of the NRA but parrots what they want to believe. You want to reduce shooting deaths try enforcing existing laws. Try meting out swift punishment to those who break the laws. The NRA encourages that while some people seem to oppose it. You may wish to read up a little on the NRA and what they are really all about.

Ron

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Says the person with absolutely no understanding of the NRA but parrots what they want to believe.
So we are getting personal.
I have not said anything (parrots?) about what I believe and you obviously have no real knowledge of that, but your condescending attitude is typical of their ilk.
You assume my views are from ignorance, which they are not.
Your proud posting of your pistol already showed me your views.
Try meting out swift punishment to those who break the laws.
The NRA encourages that while some people seem to oppose it.
Really?
Who opposes that?
I'm all for it.
It's the NRA that wants to eliminate/minimize gun laws wherever they can.
You may wish to read up a little on the NRA and what they are really all about.
I have read about their purpose, what they propose, and what they oppose,
That tells me "what they are really all about".
So my problem with them is not that I don't understand what they are about, it is that I do understand what they are about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.