Design The Circuit Which Converts 3 Digit Bcd Number To Binary Using 74184

digital_msstat

Joined Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone, hope you're all fine. I have a homework but I can't solve it.
Question is; design a circuit that converts 3 digit bcd number to binary using 74184.
I am using Proteus 8. The problem is that using the IC. When I run the circuit, it gives error " No model specified for U1. [U1] ". I learned to solve this. I pick the Attach Hierarchy Module but this time IC is not working. I mean in the probe side, I see gray squares that refers neither 1 nor 0. How can I solve this ?

Regards,
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

In Homework Help, we do not do your homework for you.
Show us your work that you have attempted so far.

digital_msstat

Joined Apr 29, 2020
Hello, I made enable pin ground / power supply, then like I said I attached to the module. Things that I can is limited. I wonder is it chronic or not. Because I am not only one that come across with this problem.
Regards

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Are you asking for help with the design, or with getting Proteus to work?

I think I saw a recent thread where someone commented that Proteus' ability to work with that particular IC is a known issue. I don't do Proteus, so I can't help you there.

digital_msstat

Joined Apr 29, 2020
I designed the circuit but IC's are not working. How can I make them active in circuit ?
( Title is a little bit confusing, sorry. I am new in here)

Regards

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well, let's work on the title so that you can hopefully attract the attention of people than can better assist you.

Also, don't use all caps except sparingly to emphasize points -- otherwise it is considered shouting and turns people off.

Does this sound more appropriate to your needs: "Having problems simulating 74184 circuit in Proteus 8"

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I designed the circuit but IC's are not working. How can I make them active in circuit ?
Proteus isn't free, so only members who have it will be able to give any meaningful help. Is there a Proteus help forum? Since it's a homework assignment, your instructor should be able to provide guidance.