Design a Voltage Amplifier

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I think you are missing something in the assignment. Since it was not specified as an AC amp, and there is no frequency range specified, I think it is supposed to be a DC amp. The dual supply is also a clue.

Bob

ThyristorWolf

Joined Aug 30, 2020
I think you are missing something in the assignment. Since it was not specified as an AC amp, and there is no frequency range specified, I think it is supposed to be a DC amp. The dual supply is also a clue.

Bob
Hi BTPH,
kindly elaborate your point of view...

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
hi Mr AI
kindly elaborate your point of view
Hi,

Well it is just that op amp amplifiers are much easier to construct than transistor amplifiers. So with that in mind you should try to design one like that.
Fewer parts, fewer connections, easier to set gain and input and output impedance.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I have to design a voltage amplifier..The first task is to develop a voltage amplifier with an open loop voltage gain

hi,
This is a Students Homework question.

E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Bob,
It is to remind posters who are suggesting 'alternative' solutions, ie: OPA etc, that the TS bound by the specification set by his Tutor.

E

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

Here is what i read in the first post:

"You are free to choose any analog electronic component available
in the market to develop your amplifier. Your circuit must be designed to operate within the ±10 V "

As to my suggestion, he seemed a little lost so i though i would suggest something a little simpler, then move to the more complex.
However, whichever it is to be, i assume without doubt that the OP must design it not us. We dont do the work for them as usual in this section.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hola Agustin,
I 'think' the author may have been implying ' without regard to its sign',
Eric

Clip.
In mathematics, the absolute value or modulus of a real number x, denoted |x| or. , is the non-negative value of x without regard to its sign. Namely, |x| = x if x is positive, and |x| = −x if x is negative (in which case −x is positive), and |0| = 0.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
hola Agustin,
I 'think' the author may have been implying ' without regard to its sign',
Eric

Clip.
In mathematics, the absolute value or modulus of a real number x, denoted |x| or. , is the non-negative value of x without regard to its sign. Namely, |x| = x if x is positive, and |x| = −x if x is negative (in which case −x is positive), and |0| = 0.
After recently running across the modulus operation in the new PIC's Assembly manual I forgot the meaning "absolute value". It makes sense now. Gracias Eric.