design a digital equipment to measure volt, current, power & power using PIC16f877A??

SAMZONICKZ

Joined Nov 24, 2010
I have tried to start with designing a simple voltmeter, ammeter. Am facing a problem with coding using mickro C??? any schematics or code u can suggest for me to use???

SAMZONICKZ

Joined Nov 24, 2010
i have 2 demonstrate within 2 weeks!!! :{ i was trying to make it but everytime i face a different problem so finally i decide 2 ask the pros!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I have to wonder why you are starting with a PIC16F877A uC, which is basically obsolete, and is being replaced by the PIC16F887?

SAMZONICKZ

Joined Nov 24, 2010
Hi bill,

i looked in the link u posted but i dont understand how to use it for my range and any more suggestion?

For power facotr calculation, I need to use an external phase detector circuit to measure the angle cuz 16F877A doesnt read angle... any suggestions?

SAMZONICKZ

Joined Nov 24, 2010
Hi every 1,

can i get help with the voltage, current and Power measurments cuz i tried 2 connect 2 measure the voltage section and its not working..... how can i make ranges........
Any suggestions or helpful links?????

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Have you tried the Microchip site?

They have LOTS of help available, with code samples hints and tips of how to use functions such as the ADC's, etc.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Why did you choose this as a final project if you have no idea where to start with it?

What have you learned in school about microcontrollers? What langauge? What hardware? I'd suspect the prof would like to see the same hardware and language that you were taught in classes.

With 4 weeks left, if you don't have any idea how to run the ADC or put "Hello World" to an LCD, there's not much hope. If you can do both, there is a little hope, but we aren't going to give you a schematic and drop in code for it. We aren't going to get any sort of grade for completion.

We will be more than happy to help you once you have a schematic and code and are having problems, that is what makes some of us feel as though we are serving a useful purpose. Though if you get a schematic and code from another forum then ask questions about same here, that won't end well.