Dent in PCB

copyleft

Joined Mar 4, 2023
Hello,
I was unmounting a pair of headphones (JBL TUNE 760NC), and when removing an ear up, I pushed too much on my knife and I think I made a dent in the PCB, as you can see on the photograph. I would like to know if this will prevent my device from working again, and if so, how to repair it, and how to safely check if it was correctly repaired. The battery has been removed, and everything else isn't damaged.
I would also like to add that I am a bit new to electronics, so I apologize in advance if my question contains errors, or is simply dumb.
Thanks in advance !
IMG_20230304_191434.jpg
IMG_20230304_191005_1.jpg
IMG_20230304_191531.jpg
IMG_20230304_190952_1.jpg

Moderators note : removed multiples of the pictures

Attachments

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
not sure how deep the blade went but PCBs are quite dense and this is likely harmless. the scratch is on the GND plane and unless this board has many layers, it is not likely to have reached any of the inner layers.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Have you tried to see if they still work, or do you even know if they ever worked?? That tiny dent does not look like it did any damage.

copyleft

Joined Mar 4, 2023
Thanks to all of you for your answers.
You were right, it seems to have done no damage at all and worked correctly when I powered on the device. I guess I got scared for nothing...
Thanks again !

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Cant see any harm there, but if, here are some steps how to repair:
1) the insulator plate have cracked - let clean by scalpel all copper paths going in the crack way. Solder over them each the individual short wire. Other side, if possible, pour the epoxydes ar strong glue to stop for the crack largening.
2) the copper patch is cracked. Do the same only without of epoxydes.
3) the copper patch is de-glued from pcb - drill the hole, press in it the piston, and solder all details to that piston. Copper pistons exist with outer diameter 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5 mm.