DC Voltage Level Shifter

pe215

Joined Mar 3, 2009
I am working on an undergraduate project and I am inexperienced in electronics. I have a DC output from an differential amplifier using an op-amp. For simplification purposes lets say that the output from the op-amp varies between -3V to 3V. I would like to shift the voltage so that from -3V to 3V, I get something like 3V to 9V which I could then use to input into a power amplifier to run a DC motor.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Skeebopstop

Joined Jan 9, 2009
I am working on an undergraduate project and I am inexperienced in electronics. I have a DC output from an differential amplifier using an op-amp. For simplification purposes lets say that the output from the op-amp varies between -3V to 3V. I would like to shift the voltage so that from -3V to 3V, I get something like 3V to 9V which I could then use to input into a power amplifier to run a DC motor.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
You can also get tricky with a diff amp. See attached image. Note the inversion.

Attachments

Skeebopstop

Joined Jan 9, 2009
He didn't ask for the output to be inverted.:(
Hence my note to warn. Regardless, just flip the way you connect the +-3V to the diff amp to uninvert it. I am only speaking relative to the diff amp and this can be kept transparent to the input/output by such input connection flipping. This is the benefit of diff amps.