DC Motor Wires Need Help

nuriberk2

Joined Jan 25, 2020
guys i got a dc motor from a rc car and it has 2 wires a blue one and a yellow one what do they do and which one is posotive and which one is negative???

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
RC airplanes, cars, helicopters and drones usually use a brushless DC motor that has three wires. It must be driven from a brushless motor electronic speed controller circuit, not simply DC.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Which way round you connect them will determine which way the motor rotates.
To elaborate on @AlbertHall’s post, there is no positive and negative wire. Connect the motor’s two wires like the following.

Blue wire to positive and yellow wire to negative. The motor will spin in one direction.

Then reverse the wires so the blue wire connects to negative and the yellow wire connects to positive. The motor will spin in the opposite direction.

What are you using the motor for?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
guys i got a dc motor from a rc car and it has 2 wires a blue one and a yellow one what do they do and which one is posotive and which one is negative???
Apart from what has been suggested, spin the motor in the original direction it was used in and measure the DC on the leads, one will be Pos, the other Neg. ;)
Max.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
TS says it has two wires?
EXACTLY! Blue and Yellow are DC motor wire colors, and the TS states that it came from a RC car, but did not say that it was a new-style one. I have several RC cars and not a single one of them has a BLDC motor. Making a statement without adequate information provides no benefit.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
All my RC airplanes that still work have brushless motors that seem to last forever.
All my RC airplanes that had the motors replaced many times had brushed motors.

All RC airplanes from Horizon Hobby that used a 1 cell Li-PO battery had brushed motors that soon wore out the brushes.
The newest RC airplane from Horizon Hobby that uses a 1 cell Li-PO battery has brushless motors.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
All my RC airplanes that still work have brushless motors that seem to last forever.
All my RC airplanes that had the motors replaced many times had brushed motors.

All RC airplanes from Horizon Hobby that used a 1 cell Li-PO battery had brushed motors that soon wore out the brushes.
The newest RC airplane from Horizon Hobby that uses a 1 cell Li-PO battery has brushless motors.
Quite probably the TS is not taking a newest RC device apart. Brush type motors have been used in RC devices for at least 30 years, and so there are far more brush type motors in equipment that somebody might be taking a motor out of.