dc motor go back and forward automatically continuously

jsol

Joined Oct 24, 2016
Im trying to have dc motor hold and rotate 4 wings with a total waigh of 3.5LB at very low speed 5rpm or 3.5rpm if can fine one.
Im basically building a indoor garden light mover but for LED, so the LED are going to be on the wings moving slow, preventing heat spots and sharing direct light everywhere.

So I wan this moto witch is moving my lights to go back and forward automatically continuously like every 2 full turns or something like that. The reason i wan it to go back and forward automatically continuously is for safety with the wires, I can make the wires long for them to move back and forward also.
I use light mover in the past witch they use Magnet mounted on each end of the reil, but sometimes they dont work when they go on and off with a timer, Im hoping for a better solution.

I was thinking maybe this http://www.frightprops.com/electric-motors/controllers/picovolt-0975.html
but this do a lot different stuff, so i wounder if is another simple way.

please help

DNA Robotics

Joined Jun 13, 2014

It doesn't have to be that complicated. Just a piece of metal, maybe a foot long, to connect your light mover to one chain link that will go back & forth.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is a few way of making the motor uni-directional, this avoids continuously reversing the motor, anything from a simple wheel and connecting rod to the dual rack/half gear wheel.
Wouldn't be much larger than any other reversing mechanism for this application.
Max.

jsol

Joined Oct 24, 2016

It doesn't have to be that complicated. Just a piece of metal, maybe a foot long, to connect your light mover to one chain link that will go back & forth.
do move back and forward from side to side. i wan it stable, like a sealing fan.

I can use this idea to move 2 fans at the same time, if i can have one rotor move the chain back and forward.

thanks

jsol

Joined Oct 24, 2016
There is a few way of making the motor uni-directional, this avoids continuously reversing the motor, anything from a simple wheel and connecting rod to the dual rack/half gear wheel.
Wouldn't be much larger than any other reversing mechanism for this application.
Max.
im sorry i dont get it.
to make it simple of what im doing, i need a sealing fan to spin slow, and then after two spin, spin back, and the back again... continuously non stop. only when the timer go off

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
12 sec./ rev. is quite slow. I would go with slip rings to feed power to LEDs, & use a gear reduced AC motor.
Your ref. motor controller should provide one stop shopping @ a lot of $.