DC MOTOR/GENERATOR

Earl Wood

Joined Oct 4, 2015
Hello, requesting your professional help please on my DC motor/generator project.
I have built a 16 pole magnetic generator with a commutator and brushes. It works "by itself"
when a hook up 1 - 12 volt battery too it, very very slow. (testing).

My intention is to have it to "recharge itself" as it is
running. What do I need to "get the RPM's up" and maintain them
up under load, and how to run a line from the generator back to the battery (s) for battery
recharging as its working.?

I have heard of a "converter" or something like that DC to DC, or would that apply here and if so how???
Please go "easy" on me with answers, I am still learning. Everything must be gently
explained fully. Thank you so much

Earl

Earl Wood

Joined Oct 4, 2015
Hi

Good Morning Sir, and thank you !! Right now it is powered by 1 - 12 volt battery. Mainly to "test" too see if the generator will run itself as it's own motor/generator, and it turns very slow. AC meter says 11 VAC at this beginning test speed.

Thank you again sir!!

Earl

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
It works "by itself" ... My intention is to have it to "recharge itself" as it is running.
Right now it is powered by 1 - 12 volt battery. Mainly to "test" too see if the generator will run itself as it's own motor/generator
To make sure I understand, is this what you propose?:
Battery powers the motor/generator (as a motor)
Motor/generator spins (as a generator), creating voltage, charging the same battery that is powering it.
There is no other power input into the system from another source.

AC meter says 11 VAC at this beginning test speed.
You should not be reading any AC voltage from a DC generator.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
There is no such thing as perpetual motion in the sense you are trying to make and I suspect that this thread will be getting locked down shortly for being about such a device.

BTW all those videos you find online showing self running generators are jokes and scams made just to mess with gullible or outrightly stupid people. ;)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
There is no such thing as perpetual motion in the sense you are trying to make and I suspect that this thread will be getting locked down shortly for being about such a device.

BTW all those videos you find online showing self running generators are jokes and scams made just to mess with gullible or outrightly stupid people. ;)
I'm holding out hope he's just explaining it wrong. Give him a chance to reply to post #4 before we start burning effigies.

Earl Wood

Joined Oct 4, 2015
To make sure I understand, is this what you propose?:
Battery powers the motor/generator (as a motor)
Motor/generator spins (as a generator), creating voltage, charging the same battery that is powering it.
There is no other power input into the system from another source.

You should not be reading any AC voltage from a DC generator.
Yes sir, this is what we need to accomplish, no other power source. Also, this generator produces both AC/ and DC. Yes sir, I get AC readings from the generator as it turns. This generator has also produced well above 240 VAC when I used an AC motor to test it out before I used battery. It's purpose is to produce AC.

Thanks sir
Earl

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What do I need to "get the RPM's up" and maintain them
up under load, and how to run a line from the generator back to the battery (s) for battery
recharging as its working.?
You need a miracle :). What you're describing is apparently an over-unity device, which would contravene the laws of physics.

Earl Wood

Joined Oct 4, 2015
I'm holding out hope he's just explaining it wrong. Give him a chance to reply to post #4 before we start burning effigies.
Good morning gentlemen,
Thanks for all you do to help mothers. I am explaining everything fully and correctly to you as to my project. I am very much aware of all scams etc, I have "nothing" to do with that. I have intents and purposes to power my home, have come along way successfully, and will succeed.

Please try to help not tear down. I am look forward to each of your good knowledgeable reply's that I might complete my project.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Please try to help not tear down. I am look forward to each of your good knowledgeable reply's that I might complete my project.
Believe me when I say, I have no intent to tear you down, only to help. You will not complete your project because what you are expecting is impossible. You cannot defy the laws of physics, no matter how badly you want to.

Ask yourself, if it is possible to generate electricity out of a closed loop system as you describe, why is nobody doing it? Why is everybody paying a power company? Why is the power company using coal, hydroelectric, or nuclear power instead of a giant battery and a giant motor/generator?
I have intents and purposes to power my home, have come along way successfully, and will succeed.
No, you will not succeed, sadly. I wish you could, but you can't.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Fair enough I will play along for a bit but I need to know your motors input voltage and amperage and what the generators output voltage and amperage are at the same time when powering something like a resistive load.

With those numbers it is easy to calculate your running efficiency which if the input voltage times input amps equals a number greater than your output volts times output amps without using a second source of electrical, mechanical, or thermal power you already have a problem that is beyond fixable.

BTW if you can make it work in a closed loop where the output powers the input plus provided extra energy send me a PM. I would like to meet you and see your design plus give you $10,000 in cash if your design can be confirmed and replicated and reconfirmed by any independent third party like myself. ;)

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'll outbid tcmtech. I'll offer $100 million for total IP rights to the proved working design.
For that kind of money I will be over to your house with my device! :D

I expect it in cash and you only get 49% rights to it. ;)

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well this thread died an early death on its own. :(

I was really looking forward to a lengthy debate on how it's possible based on a number of poor understandings or misunderstandings of basic electrical and mechanical physics. That and maybe a good lecture on how will and sheer determination can overcome the laws of physics too. :p