DC motor forward and reverse

91five0

Joined Jan 19, 2021
I have 4, 12v .05 amp DC motors. I need to be able to control speed, switch cw and ccw with seperate switches. each motor would have its own controls for each function. I've read around and have gotten kind of confused as to what I need to use for the relays and switch's for direction control, and how to incorporate the speed controls as well.

91five0

Joined Jan 19, 2021
Sounds like you just need a DPDT with centre off, toggle switches.
Did you want to make your own controllers? or there are PWM such as ebay 254745604777 qty 3
Max.
I pondered making my own, but I honestly don't know where to source parts and there's no where in town that has stuff. so I'd be good with dpdt switches? no need for relays?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I pondered making my own, but I honestly don't know where to source parts and there's no where in town that has stuff. so I'd be good with dpdt switches? no need for relays?
If all you need is manual operation, DPDT switches are all that is needed.

Connect your power source to either the two left or right terminals. Then, with short wires (or PCB tracks), cross the terminals to the other side (reversing polarity). A bottom terminal goes to the top terminal and vice versa. The common terminals go to the motor.

That’s your reversing control.

Edit: added information for PCB construction.

Last edited:

91five0

Joined Jan 19, 2021
alright. DPDT switches were my first plan, but the more I read, I didn't know if I needed relays. is there anywhere that has a simple 0-12 hour timer that would work.