DC DC Converter IC identification

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Based on all pins on the far side going through vias on the far side of the chip (presumably to the ground plane) and three of four on the near side appear to connect to the same trace - with remaining pin on the near side being unique - I am guessing this is a Mosfet. Part of the dc-dc converter but not the IC controlling the system.

davidtgbe

Joined May 18, 2022
Thank you for your answer MrSalts. It seems to be a Mosfet as you have noticed, but I'm unable to find anything on the web related to the reference silkscreened and I have to replace the IC.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Thank you for your answer MrSalts. It seems to be a Mosfet as you have noticed, but I'm unable to find anything on the web related to the reference silkscreened and I have to replace the IC.
The surface mount devices have unusual codes and don't necessarily correspond to the part number - they are center reused by other manufacturers - there is just not enough space in these tiny parts.
Can you measure the size of the part (with and without the leads). Also, measure the width of the traces leading to/from the part so we can estimate the current. What type of decide and what power rating does it have?

davidtgbe

Joined May 18, 2022
The surface mount devices have unusual codes and don't necessarily correspond to the part number - they are center reused by other manufacturers - there is just not enough space in these tiny parts.
Can you measure the size of the part (with and without the leads). Also, measure the width of the traces leading to/from the part so we can estimate the current. What type of decide and what power rating does it have?
Hi MrSalts. Thanks again for your suggestions!
I have desoldered the IC. It is 3x3mm with leads and 3x1.5mm without leads aprox. I also have found the Service Manual in which you can see the attached schematic. There is no part reference though.

Could be some Synchronous Step Down Converter like this one.

Attachments

Last edited: