Datasheet of Toshiba and Sony CCDs

AlessandroLamba

Joined Feb 27, 2023
I have some linear CCDs I'd like to use for a spectrum analyzer but could not find any useful information and all links I found lead to some different part names. The CCDs are Toshiba TCD2952DG and Sony ILX538K
Thank you very much for your support.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
This post seems to be the same as your post yesterday. Duplicate posts cause confusion.
I did not respond yesterday as I have no idea where in a spectrum analyzer design you could use a Toshiba TCD2952DG image sensor. (I suspect others did not respond for the same reason.) Can you explain how you plan to use a CCD device in a spectrum analyzer.
A quick google search found a datasheet for the Toshiba TCD2952DG.
Thsi is the URL to the result
https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/153429/TOSHIBA/TCD2950D.html

Les.

AlessandroLamba

Joined Feb 27, 2023
This post seems to be the same as your post yesterday. Duplicate posts cause confusion.
I did not respond yesterday as I have no idea where in a spectrum analyzer design you could use a Toshiba TCD2952DG image sensor. (I suspect others did not respond for the same reason.) Can you explain how you plan to use a CCD device in a spectrum analyzer.
A quick google search found a datasheet for the Toshiba TCD2952DG.
Thsi is the URL to the result
https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/153429/TOSHIBA/TCD2950D.html

Les.
Thank you for your reply.
The post is the same because I was hinted to do this by the system or an administrator (can't tell) because the thread was almost one year old. I'm no expert of inner working of forums, I rarely post somewhere, and still have to understand the workings of AAC's. Sorry if this is not what was expected from me.
As for the second part of your reply, I designed and 3D-printed a box with two razor blades on one side of the small box, as the slit of the analyzer. On the other side of the box I placed a diffraction grating (plastic, from Amazon, made in Israel) and it works great at the eye. Now I'd like to place the CCD behind the diffraction grating (with a collimator) and read location and intensities of the peaks of the spectrum into a microcontroller (STM32F401, probably) and display onto a small TFT display.
Of course Google searches returned some similar hits, but with CCDs I understand that similar in part number does not mean similar in electrical and physical characteristics, and since I just have one CCD per type I better be careful and stick to the exact datasheet: AFAIK TCD2950 can be completely different or totally equivalent to the TCD2952, can't tell.
Hope this helps. Thank you. Alex

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I had not noticed that the search had taken me to a result that was slightly different to the part number that I put in the search. On this forum we would assume that a spectrum analyzer was for looking at radio frequencies. I have never seen the term used with respect to the visible part of the spectrum. I did once try using a small piece of a compact disk as a diffraction grating but it was not very succesful.

Les.