maitrey

Joined Sep 4, 2014
Hi All,,

Can i daisy chain two controllers so that it can be operated at two different locations (Won't be used at the same time). I need to bring in controller located outside back in the mechanical space area. Anything special i need to look at?

TIA

(Edited):

It's an industrial air compressor unit located outside and we're planning to buy an another controller unit, daisy chain it inside so that operator can access it easily. What's your thoughts guys?

Cutsheet: https://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/manuals/0c739722fd1bc221098a0dd6e72324af.pdf (page 18-20)

Last edited:

scorbin1

Joined Dec 24, 2019
Your question lacks a lot of detail necessary to answer. What kind of "controller" are we talking about exactly? What are we controlling?

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
This is not an Electronics Question.

If You want to duplicate the Compressor-Control-Panel remotely,
call your Sullair-Representative.

As soon as You touch that Circuit-Board, any Warranty You may have had expires.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Hi All,,

Can i daisy chain two controllers so that it can be operated at two different locations (Won't be used at the same time). I need to bring in controller located outside back in the mechanical space area. Anything special i need to look at?

TIA

(Edited):

It's an industrial air compressor unit located outside and we're planning to buy an another controller unit, daisy chain it inside so that operator can access it easily. What's your thoughts guys?

Cutsheet: https://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/manuals/0c739722fd1bc221098a0dd6e72324af.pdf (page 18-20)
What control functions do you require remotely? Run/stop is a simple switch. It’s unlikely that the controllers are built to daisy chain, but you could construct a custom hmi and network with the existing controller via modbus. We had three units set up with a DCS to wear level.

maitrey

Joined Sep 4, 2014
Thank you, that's what I thought that we cannot daisy chain this type of controller. As another user mentioned, it's good idea to contact the supplier itself and have them do it.