ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
Hello,

In the datasheet of the LT1930, they even do not have the capacitor:

View attachment 136101

In the typical application, the capacitor is shown as optional:

View attachment 136102

Bertus

PS met het gebuik van nederlands kun je op het gegeven forum http://www.elektronicaforum.nl/ terecht.
Ik ben daar ook moderator.
bedankt voor je reactie ik zal is kijken op het gegeven forum.
Ik verander de waarden van C9 naar 10pF zoals op de 2 afbeelding aangegeven staat.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
"1/10" is a fraction. 1/10 W means it is rated at 0.1 watts.

As for capacitors, the information is in the bill of materials. Below is the third component in your list.
View attachment 136027

The capacitor type is chip and the size code is 0603, the value is 0.1 uf (microfaradP = 100 nf (nanofarad) = 100,000 pf (picofarads). It is a ceramic capacitor. The tolerance of the capacitance is ±10%, the voltage rating is 25 volts, and the dielectric is X5R ceramic.

Other ceramic capacitors in you bill of materials are COG type ceramic -type NPO is the same stuff by a different name.

The capacitors 10 uf and above are electrolytic. The type is indicated as "tant" means Tantalum,
Are the Tantalum capacitors abbreviated with CC?

Attachments

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I can’t read Dutch, nor do not want to go to a site to translate, since the user agreement clearly states that this is an English only site. You break the rules, it may have consequences. Others may be ok, but in my personal opinion, I find it rude and annoying.

My last word before ignoring you.

The manufacturer has fixed packaging options. Digi-key re-packages. Pick and place machines take tubes and reels. A Digi-reel or a mouse-reel (mouser) is a partial reel. They add headers and trailers to cut-tape from a full reel.

I KEEP ASKING Digi-Key for a "prototype quantities" option. This would set "bulk", cut tape, tube. Watch for MOQ or minimum order quantity.

The R suffix for your DAC is explained at the bottom of the datasheet in the orderable factory numbers. Tubes can be cut too. They generally protect the pins.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
Heyy everyone,

Is there a difference between cheap components and more expensive ones?
On digikey they have a capacitor for 0.48 but the same one with same specifications and tolerance for 0.20. would i notice a difference?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Heyy everyone,

Is there a difference between cheap components and more expensive ones?
On digikey they have a capacitor for 0.48 but the same one with same specifications and tolerance for 0.20. would i notice a difference?
Often the price difference has a lot to do with the popularity of the particular version of the part. For example, there may be a huge demand for parts on tape for automatic loading onto boards and less of a demand for bulk (loose) parts, in this case the distributor will be able to buy the more popular part at a greater discount than the rarely used version. Electrically they may be the same.

In other cases some parts have lower yield and command a higher price, such as voltage references. 1% voltage references are pretty cheap, but 0.1% references can command a high price. Pay attention to the details of the part number.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
Often the price difference has a lot to do with the popularity of the particular version of the part. For example, there may be a huge demand for parts on tape for automatic loading onto boards and less of a demand for bulk (loose) parts, in this case the distributor will be able to buy the more popular part at a greater discount than the rarely used version. Electrically they may be the same.

In other cases some parts have lower yield and command a higher price, such as voltage references. 1% voltage references are pretty cheap, but 0.1% references can command a high price. Pay attention to the details of the part number.
thanks, do you think it would be noticable when i choose for a 5% tollerance in stead of 1%?
I think i'm gonna save money on the resistors and capacitors, except the Rg and Rf.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
I stumble upon something very remarkable, in the schematic he used the LT1930ES5#TRMPBFCT-ND and his bill of material he used the LMR62014XMF/NOPBCT-ND.
can i choose? or should I use the one he used in his schematic (maybe he made a mistake in his bill of material).
The one in his bill of material is cheaper so maybe he found a alternative part later and didn't chance the schematic.
my question: does it matter wich one i choose? should i hear a difference?
thanks

Attachments