DAC trouble with finding parts

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
Have you tried the PART SEARCH function on this website. The link is "PART SEARCH" in the upper-right corner of this web page.
hey, thanks for your reply, yes i have tried that but When I click on the capacitor icon, I can choose from many different types.
I don't know wich type i need for this cuircet, it has to be solderd on the service of the pcb and has to be very small.
can you tell me which one i need?

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
does a 1/10W resistor means that it can handle 1 to 10 W or that it can handle a maximum of one tenth of a Watt?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
"1/10" is a fraction. 1/10 W means it is rated at 0.1 watts.

As for capacitors, the information is in the bill of materials. Below is the third component in your list.
upload_2017-9-28_19-22-7.png

The capacitor type is chip and the size code is 0603, the value is 0.1 uf (microfaradP = 100 nf (nanofarad) = 100,000 pf (picofarads). It is a ceramic capacitor. The tolerance of the capacitance is ±10%, the voltage rating is 25 volts, and the dielectric is X5R ceramic.

Other ceramic capacitors in you bill of materials are COG type ceramic -type NPO is the same stuff by a different name.

The capacitors 10 uf and above are electrolytic. The type is indicated as "tant" means Tantalum,

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
"1/10" is a fraction. 1/10 W means it is rated at 0.1 watts.

As for capacitors, the information is in the bill of materials. Below is the third component in your list.
View attachment 136027

The capacitor type is chip and the size code is 0603, the value is 0.1 uf (microfaradP = 100 nf (nanofarad) = 100,000 pf (picofarads). It is a ceramic capacitor. The tolerance of the capacitance is ±10%, the voltage rating is 25 volts, and the dielectric is X5R ceramic.

Other ceramic capacitors in you bill of materials are COG type ceramic -type NPO is the same stuff by a different name.

The capacitors 10 uf and above are electrolytic. The type is indicated as "tant" means Tantalum,
thank you very much for the explanation.

Last edited:

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
I found some components on digikey. with the search filter. But there are 50 kind of different compasitors with 0.1uF, 10% 25V X5R.
Does it matter wich one i choose or will it work anyway when it has at least those specifications?

thankss

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It should not matter in most cases which capacitor you get as long as the size code, capacitance, voltage, and dielectric match.

Yes, that looks like a chip type ferrite bead.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
It should not matter in most cases which capacitor you get as long as the size code, capacitance, voltage, and dielectric match.

Yes, that looks like a chip type ferrite bead.
thanks for your reply, What is the difference between C0G,NPO and C0G,NPO (1B)?
and between CAP CHIP and CAP CER?

Last edited:

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
i need the PCM1794A When i search for it i can choose 2 components, the 595-PCM1794ADBR and the 595-PCM1794ADB. The only difference i can find about the 2 is the price (second one is 3 dollars expensiver). Can anyone tell me what else is different between these 2 components. and which one i should choose.
The weirdest thing is..... they have the SAME datasheet :0 :0 :0 :0

Thank you very much

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
thanks for your reply, What is the difference between C0G,NPO and C0G,NPO (1B)?
and between CAP CHIP and CAP CER?
The Wikipedia article at the link below describes the differences among types of ceramic very clearly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceramic_capacitor

I am not sure how to answer your second question.

i need the PCM1794A When i search for it i can choose 2 components, the 595-PCM1794ADBR and the 595-PCM1794ADB. The only difference i can find about the 2 is the price (second one is 3 dollars expensiver). Can anyone tell me what else is different between these 2 components. and which one i should choose.
The weirdest thing is..... they have the SAME datasheet :0 :0 :0 :0

Thank you very much
From the datasheet, there is no difference between the ICs.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
The Wikipedia article at the link below describes the differences among types of ceramic very clearly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceramic_capacitor

I am not sure how to answer your second question.

From the datasheet, there is no difference between the ICs.
thanks, sorry for the many questions but i don't want to ruine my DAC because of the wrong components 300.

I have one more question.... i'm looking for the ferrite chip (see attached file)
But i can't find a feritte chip with 300 micro ohm. Het laagste wat ze op digikey hebben is 1.5 ohm.

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The value of an inductor is given in Henry and not in Ohms.
It is likely a 330μH inductor.
The DC resistance will determine the max current allowed.

Bertus

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
Hello,

The value of an inductor is given in Henry and not in Ohms.
It is likely a 330μH inductor.
The DC resistance will determine the max current allowed.

Bertus
so 300 mR has to be 300 mH?

a ferrrite chip is a filter not a inductor am i right?

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
Hallo,

I think so.
(Ik denk het wel.)

Bertus

Als je het gewoon in nederlands wil weten, dan zou je eens op het http://www.elektronicaforum.nl/ kunnen kijken.
Daar zijn Stynus en SMD_lover wel enigsinds bekend met de onderdelen.
bedankt voor je reactie, ik heb een ceramic capacitor chip nodig (6030) van 430pF 25V C0G.
Deze zijn helaas niet beschikbaar of ik moet er meteen 4000 aanschaffen haha.
Weet jij misschien een goede site die ze wel verkoopt?
zou ik ook een andere waarden kunnen gebruiken?
Het is C9 (zie bijlagen)

alvast bedankt voor je reactie!

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Requiring a COG capacitor in that place in the circuit is very unusual. If really needed to be COG that would mean that the circuit is on the verge of oscillation, and then the tolerance of the capacitor would likely be a problem.

It is very likely that an X7R or P100 would work well there.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
Requiring a COG capacitor in that place in the circuit is very unusual. If really needed to be COG that would mean that the circuit is on the verge of oscillation, and then the tolerance of the capacitor would likely be a problem.

It is very likely that an X7R or P100 would work well there.
with the same values?
there are no capacitors with the value 25V 430pF X7R :(

what's important to look out for when looking for the right resistor?
should I choose the highest power over the resistor available (1/10)?

Last edited: