Customise Toyota Multi Function Display

iBazooka

Joined Nov 3, 2019
Does anyone know how to customise or modify the information displayed on the center multi-information display (MID) in the instrument cluster on late model Toyota's?
What I wish to do is be able to display a custom startup logo when the vehicle is turned on. I am aware of being able to change the startup and shutdown pictures on the multimedia display screen but I want to be able to do similar on the MID.
If anyone knows where I could start or point me in a direction of someone that could help achieve this I would be most appreciative.

Many Thanks

iBazooka

Joined Nov 3, 2019
Hmm, I seem to have stumped you all LOL
Would there be a better part of this forum to ask this question on? Sorry I don't really know where to even start with such a thing. Who would I look for?

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I would think that you would have to have more information on where the MID runs its program from. My guess would be that it has its own PCB with its own EEPROM and microprocessor. On key power, it will run its program and then display whatever parameters it is programmed to display. Therefore, I think you would have to hack into a proprietary piece of software, find the bits that control startup display and then change it to your own satisfaction. No easy feat. Therefore, perhaps programmers corner might be a better place to start. I would maybe add some information such as year/make and model and perhaps some pictures of MID, plus pictures of its board, processors etc to help your cause.