Custom Board Fabricators for Replacement Circuit Board

KEVINKT

Joined Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a company that can take a broken circuit board and makes a new exact working copy of it? This is a circuit board for a stretch wrapping machine and we are having a hard time locating a replacement circuit board. thanks

smp4616

Joined Oct 31, 2019
how complicated is the board? most prototype people, myself included, are familiar with the process required and could do the job depending on the complexity.

smp4616

Joined Oct 31, 2019
How do you handle embedded processors?
charge a lot more haha. a lot of the time I help people with unobtainable boards, they're old enough that they're just discrete components. reverse engineering an embedded mcu would, of course, be a much more complicated endeavor

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Please post a clear picture as that would answer a lot of questions. Circuit boards vary from super simple single layer to painfully complex with many layers, plus everything in-between. A picture might be enough for someone to tell you where your board falls in that range, and a rough idea of how difficult it might be to replicate.

KEVINKT

Joined Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your replies. I have attached a picture of the board. it seems that the little red drum with white top thing is faulty and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement of that part? thank you

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
it seems that the little red drum with white top thing is faulty and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement of that part? thank you
Digikey.
Looks like a relatively easy board to reproduce, if you have to!
Max.

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
For most applications the pot's resistance and wattage are key parameters. The resistance should be printed on the side of the pot -you might have to remove the pot from the board to see it. The resistance would read something like "500", "5K", "50K"..."1M", etc.

You may the determine the wattage by looking up this part number in a Bourns catalog, and if you are lucky you will find the part in stock at a supplier Mouse, Digikey, RS Components, and others.

I have some pots from the 1970's that are probably the same model number. It might now be obsolete.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
what 50-year old electronic part gets obsolete? ;)

As mentioned key trimpot characteristics are resistance and power. if it is a regular carbon trimmer, chances are the power rating is 0.2W. label on the old unit should reveal value.
if that is the actual problem and it is done correctly this is a repair on a dime budget.

that board looks very simple and should be easy to replicate or improve on using more modern components. since all components are large through hole components, reverse engineering can be done even with the help of couple of good pictures of PCB front and back. chances are the whole thing (reverse engineering, designing new board, generating gerbers and ordering replacement boards) should take maybe a day.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Does anyone know of a company that can take a broken circuit board and makes a new exact working copy of it? This is a circuit board for a stretch wrapping machine and we are having a hard time locating a replacement circuit board. thanks
PM me for details.

KEVINKT

Joined Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your help! I am having a friend look at the board and seeing if it is something that can be fixed.