ESP32 custom board

Tesla's Buzz

Joined Feb 13, 2024
Keith Thank you so much i just wanted someone to go over the schematic and share any possible flaws which i might have made. i have actually simulated this in proteus which i am used to just don't know much about pcb

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
no haven't breadboarded it. figured it would be easier if i go to pcb directly
Extra probe testpoints for all important signals (power supply voltages, remote reset, a few gnd connections for probes, serial and digital interfaces), headers for unused module pins and at least a few extra debug leds (one red and one green) for the controller.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012

Just going straight for the PCB is one way... but it's asking for trouble and delays.

How do you connect your test gear to the circuit?
So you find a mistake? how do you fix it? And test it? Build another PCB? that's a week, more parts, and a whole round of fiddly soldering to assemble the next board.

Build a breadboard, make that work 100% - then do the PCB.
You can fiddle with it and change it quick and easy, make it BIG and easy to probe.

Watch this video:

The time and pain saved is yours...

Tesla's Buzz

Joined Feb 13, 2024
Extra probe testpoints for all important signals (power supply voltages, remote reset, a few gnd connections for probes, serial and digital interfaces), headers for unused module pins and at least a few extra debug leds (one red and one green) for the controller.
Hey!
actually the client just wants a signal when another signal of 24v signal is received. I did breadboard the voltage regulator and programmed the esp32. But right now i am just making the thing much more singular and streamlined and i just wanted to know if i have a problem with the esp32 dev board ( at least part of it ) that i created in the schematic

Tesla's Buzz

Joined Feb 13, 2024
Just going straight for the PCB is one way... but it's asking for trouble and delays.

How do you connect your test gear to the circuit?
So you find a mistake? how do you fix it? And test it? Build another PCB? that's a week, more parts, and a whole round of fiddly soldering to assemble the next board.

Build a breadboard, make that work 100% - then do the PCB.
You can fiddle with it and change it quick and easy, make it BIG and easy to probe.

Watch this video:

The time and pain saved is yours...
I did breadboard the functionality part of it using esp32 dev board but since i am making my own i was just looking if it was okay. I used the official sheet they have to make it just want a mentor to look at it

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
I did breadboard the functionality part of it using esp32 dev board but since i am making my own i was just looking if it was okay. I used the official sheet they have to make it just want a mentor to look at it
What about the switcher? and all the other stuff that matters?